PDA

View Full Version : Banshee cylinders not running even....

DareDevilQracer
09-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I just put some new piston rings last night. When I got ti all back together it started right up and ran great. I started it up again this morning and gave it a little gas to get warmed up and after about a minute I heard it backfire from what sounded like the right side. I put my hand behind the silencer on the left and felt the exhaust coming out, then I put my hand behind the right silencer and it only felt like half the force pushing on my hand. I cut it off and felt the pipes and the left pipe was hot but the right pipe was only warm. Any ideas? I just went out and started it up again and as soon as I started it I felt the exhaust coming out of the left silencer and it was warm, and the exhaust coming out of the right side was cool. Any ideas? Im scared to ride it like this.

simplywired
09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Did you install the rings in the right grooves? WSM pistons use differant size rings for the top and bottem, not sure about the other brands.

Check your compression first.
If they are equal, make sure you have the choke tube installed between the carbs and that both carbs are clean and delivering fuel/air to the engine.
Also, try switching the plug wires to see if the same cylinder still runs bad

Hopefully it's something simple like that, the only other thing I can think of is that the crank welds came loose.

DareDevilQracer
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Good call with the plugs. I switched the plugs and then the other cylinder was running bad. I went out and bought new plugs and it fired right up and both cylinders were working awesome! Thanks again!

simplywired
09-03-2006, 08:45 PM
don't you wish all problems only cost $2.00 to fix

DareDevilQracer
09-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Thats the damn truth.