PDA

View Full Version : Anyone HATE Installing Graphics Kits

TCracin440ex
09-03-2006, 01:31 PM
man i got the dmp graphics for my 450r the other day and i put it on today and i just realize how much i hate installing graphics and such....its a PITA....does anybody else hate installing graphics....and does anybody got any tips how to install them better so the next time ill know....i might end up pulling these graphics off and gettin another graphics kit later on down the road

450robot
09-03-2006, 01:51 PM
wipe clean with alcohol, spray down with some mildly mixed water and soap, and work on one end to another, from the bottom up

i never have problems, as long as i use those steps

redrider05
09-03-2006, 02:07 PM
ive always lined them up where u want them...then at the very top off the graphic i get a razor blade and cut about 1/2 inch off of the backing stick it to where it looks the best and lines up..then peel the rest of the the backing off and use a credit card or something like that and stick the rest of the graphic

redroost85
09-04-2006, 05:16 AM
Also make sure that the plastic that you are applying them to is warm and well as the vinyl pieces.:)

worr0forr
09-06-2006, 04:19 AM
so to put on the graphics kit, you wipe it clean with alcohol....then you apply them to the plastics that are soaked with soapy water...wouldnt that ruin the stickyness? do you apply them when its still wet or what? im so confused and im getting my kit in a couple days

tat2mike
09-10-2006, 06:46 AM
i think hes trying to say spray the plastics with water and mild soap from a spray bottle the graphix will have a little mobility whil putting them on then when the water dries behind them it would stick the glue for graphix is usually pretty good i dont think it would ruin the glue ive never done it that way sounds like a good idea though ...just my 2 cents

Dupontster
09-11-2006, 04:44 AM
Do what everyone is saying and TAKE YOUR TIME!

monson
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah while there is still soapy water apply the graphics and you can move them around untill you get them to fit the way you want then let it dry. the soap does not ruin the stickiness at all, it just allows you to be able to slide the graphics around so you dont have to keep peelings them off if you mess up.