PDA

View Full Version : 450r to dale

z400guy21
09-03-2006, 12:55 PM
hey im in the process of trading my 450r for a cannondale blaze with a lot of mods....it has a flacon 468 motor and a bunch of other goodies....
what i wanna know is `:
how reliable is it gonna be considering i am 17 years of age and dont have much money to put into it...
waht kind of mantinence do i have to do
and is it gonna be good for 4-5 days a week use
thanks for all your help

z400guy21
09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251887

there is the bike

adam450
09-03-2006, 03:29 PM
are you out of your mind?unless you love wrenching on quads more than riding stick with the trusty honda my friend

rollie
09-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by adam450
are you out of your mind?unless you love wrenching on quads more than riding stick with the trusty honda my friend

uh, a dale with all the updates done is just as reliable ad a honda, yes a dale will be more maintenence, you do have to change the oil more often, and there not as easy to work on as a honda there still really reliable and can be made into very nice bikes, like the one he wants to trade for. 4 or 5 days out of the week is alot of use, you would prob change the oil once a week.

adam450
09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by rollie
uh, a dale with all the updates done is just as reliable ad a honda, yes a dale will be more maintenence, you do have to change the oil more often, and there not as easy to work on as a honda there still really reliable and can be made into very nice bikes, like the one he wants to trade for. 4 or 5 days out of the week is alot of use, you would prob change the oil once a week.

bro...been there done that.dales are poo!you'll be changing the oil once a week because you will be draining it to take the motor out to figure out what the heck went wrong AGAIN!
im on a mission fella's.stopping somone from buying/trading a dale is almost as rewarding as saving a life.

CannondaleRider
09-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Ya know....i'm rarely straight up blunt with people.....But, you arn't deserving of a light reply.

Your an idiot.

adam450
09-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Ya know....i'm rarely straight up blunt with people.....But, you arn't deserving of a light reply.

Your an idiot.

i think not sweetheart....you own the cannondale that makes YOU the idiot:rolleyes:

joedirt
09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
sweetheart, stop it your silly. To each his own. If you don't like it jump to a different thread. Have you ever owned one and maintained it properly. I have an 02 and it still runs no motor rebuilds or nothing.

bknight
09-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Mine has been vary reliable so has my dads.. I Love it!!!

shano
09-03-2006, 09:21 PM
My dale has out lived many other quads at the track, an oil change here and there and everything is fine.

Pro400EXC
09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Adam450.

Get a life dude.....all you ever wanna do is bash peoples shyt.

I am the one he's looking to trade.Sorry your shyt had bad luck,but my stuff is fine. I don't care who you are or what problems YOU had.

Your 1 doesn't mean the rest are junk. Granted they had problems...but still..get a f' life and quit already. yOU MADE YOUR POINT AND WE GET IT. yOU DON'T LIKE CANNONDALE...

If i didn't trust my shyt i wouldn't do anything,but I for one take good care of it,and know everything is fine.

jesshamner
09-03-2006, 10:15 PM
How long has it been since you have "been there and done that"....bro? LOL. Its sounds like it has been a while.

bro...been there done that.dales are poo!you'll be changing the oil once a week because you will be draining it to take the motor out to figure out what the heck went wrong AGAIN!
im on a mission fella's.stopping somone from buying/trading a dale is almost as rewarding as saving a life.

firefighterjosh
09-03-2006, 10:31 PM
My dads C-dale speed has been reliable. fouled some spark plugs but that was my fault.:(

adam450 - Sounds like you didn't take care of you quad.

Abrannan19
09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
proo400's c-dale is nice..I had the pleasure of riding with him at the trck..it is a great bike..and fast too..

adam450
09-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
How long has it been since you have "been there and done that"....bro? LOL. Its sounds like it has been a while.
its been about 9 - 10 months (the longer it gets the better i feel kinda like quiting smoking)rode one for 4yrs.owned two.i had some good times and did real well WHEN it ran.it let me down TOO many times.no matter whos motor was in it.i tried just about all of them.if it wasnt one thing it was another.FACE IT FOLKS THEY'RE JUNK!

DIAMOND RACING RULES!!!!!HE GOT YOU SUCKA'S GOOD!!!!!YEEHAAAW

and lets not forget WWE yeah baby

jesshamner
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Looks like we found the problem!

Pro400EXC
09-04-2006, 10:39 AM
LOL....

Found the problem...

Diamond RAcing,muhahahah

Thats why I am glad my shyt is WINKY FREE.

No wonder Adam has a sour taste in his mouth,lol

CannondaleRider
09-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Adam450....what all was done to your motor?.... Done by a mechanic that knows **** about what he's doing?

How did you maintain it? Did you do preventative maintanance?

ACEwrench
09-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Chance,

its almost not worth it to talk to that dude.... we couldnt change his mind no matter what we posted...good luck though.

NorCalRacer
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Main problems with owning a cannondale/ATK

Excessive speed, G-Force
short tire life
coming to the end of the trail way to fast
your friends not wanting to ride with you anymore "we can't keep up.."
severe addiction to ATVing never felt before
ear to ear grin

At least, that's what it's supposed to be like. My quad has NEVER let me down, everyone buys a bad apple sometimes but I bet someone with a better attitude would have had Adam's quad screaming by now. :blah:

jesshamner
09-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer

Excessive speed, G-Force
short tire life
ear to ear grin

At least, that's what it's supposed to be like. My quad has NEVER let me down, everyone buys a bad apple sometimes but I bet someone with a better attitude would have had Adam's quad screaming by now. :blah:

You hit the nail on the head. My cheeks hurt after a good ride. I can't stop smiling. :D

armoks
09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer

Excessive speed, G-Force
short tire life
ear to ear grin

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16766&hl=

Never say never :eek:

NorCalRacer
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by armoks
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16766&hl=

Never say never :eek:

Yep, fixed everything wrong for under $200 on a beat to crap demo, added about $300 in mods and haven't had any trouble since, and I don't take it easy on it either:devil: Oh yeah, it ran great when I took it apart, I just wanted to do the valve cover update. My quad has never let me down:D

USAMoto00
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I've owned my Dales since '02 and couldn't be happier. I can't believe that Adam is bashing, but to each his own. I've got a TON of races on mine and so does my old lady, by the way, we post results with them too. I'll keep mine forever.

cdalejef
09-05-2006, 01:05 PM
The Dales and ATK's are the most reliable quads I've ever owned/raced!

adam450
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by USAMoto00
I've owned my Dales since '02 and couldn't be happier. I can't believe that Adam is bashing, but to each his own. I've got a TON of races on mine and so does my old lady, by the way, we post results with them too. I'll keep mine forever.

from what i hear you quite the ''CHERRY PICKER''

adam450
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls
The Dales and ATK's are the most reliable quads I've ever owned/raced!

is atk still paying you??????:huh

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM

Dude you are so stupid. I hate to say that to people but man you are on my nerves. You might have owned one and had problems but just because you did dosen't mean ever single one is having problems. My dad had a 02 cdale speed. Ran great. Did some engine mods. Still runs great. Just normal upkeep. I have had more problems with my 400ex then his cdale. Adn my 400ex is reliable lol.

Delaware152
09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I also have been racing a C-Dale since 2001 and am happy with the reliability. I also have had good results over the years. However I know of some people that seemed to have "bad luck" and jumped ship.

jesshamner
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM

Look you aren't even on topic anymore. This isn't about USAMoto or Jeff. Its about Cannondales/ATKs. Why take a shot at these guys because you didn't like your cannondale?

cdalejef
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
is atk still paying you??????:huh Show me a race that I DNFed on a Cannondale or ATK and I'll show you 20 races I DNFed on Honda's!

p.s. when was I payed by ATK? :confused:

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Jeff,

The First time racing the ATK didn't you win?

armoks
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a cdale and owned an ATK very reliable quads if the maintence is kept up on them. the first motor in my dale was sold and is still running. the second engine is in it and almost the exact same as the one in the one you are trying to trade. Very fast and the tech support from cdale owners is top notch.

My ATK was a great quad in which I sold to a guy in Wis. He is riding it now and is going to be sponsored by ATK next season(BTW ATK is now the reigning champ in 4 stroke stock production http://www.atvaonline.com/race/results/atvanarres.asp?s=9&cls=522&year=2006!!!)

jesshamner
09-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Jeff was telling people this long before he worked out a deal with ATK.

cdalejef
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Jeff,

The First time racing the ATK didn't you win? Wasn't quite the first time but it was halfway through the first season.

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I Could have swore I read the the First time ATK raced it won...I could have swore it was you too.

z400guy21
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
i would like to thank all of you for your imput its been a great deal of help keep it coming because i would like to know if there is anyhting i have to do besides oil changes to keep up with the motor

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 11:17 PM
All I know is that the Early modle C-Dales had a engine kit you could install. Forget what it was for. My dad installed one like 3 years ago. It came with bigger studs and stuff. But the new ATKs are great machines.:D

Pro400EXC
09-06-2006, 06:31 AM
what i wanna know is how Adam450's post count goes from 22 to 16??

PeeWee21
09-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Adam450.....i get a kick out of reporting people...especially peeps like you. You see....Pappy, Mojo, FontMaster, and the other mods are tired of people like you....i get enjoyment by reporting you...it's almost like saving a life!!! I hope you like your short leash!

bradley300
09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I Could have swore I read the the First time ATK raced it won...I could have swore it was you too.

your thinking back way farther than jeff is,lol. jeff did race a c-dale speed for the first time at a local county fair mx race sometime in 02, and he did win. he also won the 2 stroke class on his 250r if i remeber correct

jesshamner
09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by z400guy21
i would like to thank all of you for your imput its been a great deal of help keep it coming because i would like to know if there is anyhting i have to do besides oil changes to keep up with the motor

Its way more advanced than that with this cdales and atks. You have to change the muffler bearings every 5 hours, power bands after 50 hours, change the air in the tires every 20 hours, flux capacitor ever 30 hours, and the handlebar fluid once a month.

Seriously, its just like any other 450. You need to maintain stuff that wears including oil, bearings, bushings, ...etc.

NorCalRacer
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Change your fuel fittings, one of the only true defects of the quad. You can get normal fittings from a parts store or Dave at PacRimCannondale, or "caniboomer" on cannondaleriders, has a great update. Other than that, just the normal stuff any 4-stroke needs. And flux-capacitors:devil:

cdalejef
09-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
your thinking back way farther than jeff is,lol. jeff did race a c-dale speed for the first time at a local county fair mx race sometime in 02, and he did win. he also won the 2 stroke class on his 250r if i remeber correct LOL, I forgot about that. I can't remember if that was before or after I won an EarlyWines XC race on the same borrowed Speed.

QuadJunkies
09-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Look you aren't even on topic anymore. This isn't about USAMoto or Jeff. ?

EXACTLY! :rolleyes:

speaking of ATK... I ALMOST stopped by ATK to make a visit while in Utah last month,they had just oiled the road and no way was I gonna ride 13 miles on a fresly oiled road:scary:

A good feind of ours rides/races a Stroker .I think he said this quad(he bought it used from a local guy)and the previous owner done some R&D for them .Its fast I know that!:macho He did have t osend the motor to be re-done,not sureon the whole Status on that ,but it had some issues. Its running really good now and its been about a year Im guessing since he has done the motor.It could have been lack of maintence on the previous owners end too.

ckasper18
09-06-2006, 11:34 AM
c dales are sweet quads we have run them on our dyno for 8 hours at a time we have 5 or 6 here at a time my question is why do you want to trade it for the Honda sounds to me like you should keep the c dale...............Chris

Pro400EXC
09-07-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm the one he's trading.

I love the Cdale. I mean it is an awsome machine. Never let me down. I just wnna try smething out new,and diffrent.

I will defintley own another Dale again,but just not until i get outta debt,lol

ckasper18
09-07-2006, 07:12 PM
So you saying the c dale is putting you in debt.Whats that all about

USAMoto00
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
lol That's hilarious dude! Aren't you an "A" class rider and running the Stock class at Nationals? (supposed to be for beginners)Sounds like you need to get your stories straight. I would love to hear who told you that. Just so you know, I wasn't bashing you about your problems with your Dale, just curious why you turned on them since our talk at Georgia?? CP-that's grand, and why no mention of the girl winning on hers all the time too?

USAMoto00
09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Look you aren't even on topic anymore. This isn't about USAMoto or Jeff. Its about Cannondales/ATKs. Why take a shot at these guys because you didn't like your cannondale?
Thank you. C-dales are the shizznit my man.

Derno24
09-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by USAMoto00
Thank you. C-dales are the shizznit my man.

Brian you are still alive? I thought you fell off the face of the earth. How are ya man? :D

USAMoto00
09-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm doing good D. I need to get ahold of you again though, I have some questions for ya. I've been really busy trying to get some cash rolling for next years Nationals. I need to get my ducks in a row. I'll be calling you here real soon bro.

QuadRacer041
09-15-2006, 10:04 AM
:D