PDA

View Full Version : hows the raptor 700 on the trails

03warriorrider
09-03-2006, 12:32 PM
ok i have a 03 warrior and i ride 90% trails. the trails i ride have some tight rocky muddy spots then strait woops. i was wondering how the 700 handled in theses types of situations and if you guys think i would be able to handle the big power of this bike. what should i expect from a transition like this. i've had the warrior for a little over a year now and have found myself toping it out in some stait aways so i want a little more power. can the 700 be put in first gear and crawled over rocks like my warrior or does it just have to much power for this type of riding. thanx

Capt_ron
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
i had a warrior for a long time before i got my 700
the transition was easy because the bike is so much beter
the power of the 700 is so controlable that you only have to use what you want
the only problem may be if your trail is to narow for a 46.1in wide bike but most trails a 50 so you should be ok
mostly the 700 was built for trails

Talljess
09-05-2006, 11:24 AM
how bout for back woods? will it handle the steep ones at a slower pace?

09-05-2006, 12:27 PM
in the trails.At 1st it will be alittle over the top power wise but afther you get the throttle control down you will love the power.As far as steep hills no prob just back off that throttle alittle if needed.i have been up some crazy **** and never had a prob,most of the time i keep the fronts off the ground a few inch's goin up the hill and back off near the top if needed"been ridin for 20 years and knowin as the wheelie king for 19 of them"so do not try it at home kids lol:macho the 1st thing you should get soon is full skid plates-later

400exmom
09-05-2006, 12:43 PM
the 700 is an awesome machine~ hills ~tight woods whatever~

Talljess
09-07-2006, 07:55 AM
when i get home from iraq my pops wants me to come to va and go hunting with him and i know there are some places on the mountain u cant even walk up so they all take utility quads ...i figure hell i wont be stealthy but ill give it a shot