PDA

View Full Version : Drag racing my lt-r

hard one
09-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I have never been beat'n so many times in a row.

All of the locals that normal dominate were losing bad.
Pretty much all of the guys that were winning had nos a $5,000 in just engine work done.

The quads i lost were a 330 R with nos,banshee's with nos,even a blaster with a vitos engine kit with friggen nos.
I felt like i had let down the lt-r name!
Then when i thought it couldnt get worse a 29 year old woman on a bombard 800 rotax challenged me to a race so i said okay and we pulled up to the line of a quater mile drag in the sand and i saw she had nos, 22inch 10 paddle haulers and later said she had a big bore kit 895. about 65-70 hp! We drag and she friggin wheels down the whole quarter mile, dont get me wrong I can wheel for a least a mile on a bad day but being 10 quad lenghts ahead is awsome.( thats what i get for looking at her and not her quad)
I had a good streak for a wile with some stock lt-rs, some z's and a crf 250F with exhaust.
I decided i am going to not drag any more till i get my trinity 495 big bore kit.
Sorry i let down all of the lt-r 450 owners

the only good thing that happened is i got some good fottage of a ds with nos,banshee with nos and a 330 r draging(ds 650 won )

CHEVYZ
09-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Ahh, you win some, you lose some. Good to hear that you usually have good luck with your LT-R, though. I am not the kind of kind to flame other people and their quads, but the people around here are total let downs in general to the Suzuki name. Get some footage up, though. We have alot of badass quads come out here for all of the events. Can't wait to get some footage of my own. :D

user101
09-03-2006, 12:24 PM
look at it this way, you were racing quads set-up specifically for drag racing. If you would have been on a moto-x track I bet you would have beaten them by a mile.

hard one
09-03-2006, 12:26 PM
YES that is true
I did win the wheeling contest though,ITs hard to wheelie with a plus four swing arm!:D

hard one
09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
i was doing pretty good the past few weekends against other drag quads, these were just way to fast !

thanks for the reply's.

CHEVYZ
09-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Yup... I agree on the part about drag quads. My 06 450r runs like a champ (Sounds like we got some good ones!)... I have actaully beaten drag bikes as well. Always fun to beat the hardcore guys and then be able to hit some hills afterward.