PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Big - D Racing
08-28-2002, 11:39 PM
I orginally posted this in maintenace, but only one person replied and not too many people have even viewed it, so I thought i'd post it here. I'm looking to get a new clutch. I can't afford a hinson, like most of us. Was wondering what aftermarket clutches have people tried? What have you thought? What are your opinions on different brands (Barnett, Ebc, etc.)? I already have a billet clutch basket just need a heavier duty clutch kit to go in it.

loganB
08-28-2002, 11:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

Sparks425Ex
08-29-2002, 06:14 AM
Latley i have been posting milions of threads like this one. I have been wanting to know the same thing. Here is what i have found out:

Unless you can afford Hinson just get a stock one. The stock clutch is a very good clutch and is very cheap. This is what i am going with. I haven't really got intao looking as to where i can get one but if anyone knows tell me.

O yeah i need to know exactly what ot get. I tried service honda and honda of troy.

They have a bunch of things listed and i need to know whichs ones and hole many i need of each thing.

Thanks guys.

I have also heard sparks was a good clutch kit.

JhallettEX
08-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Big D and all others. i went with Barnett but smoked it after about 2 months. The next time I decided to go with the Curtis Sparks 8 plate set up and so far I love it. C&D racing is a Sparks dealer and can get better deals. I would say call them up and see what they can do for ya. Also, Big-D, there are alot of people here that have way more than you on there quad.

oynot400
08-29-2002, 08:07 AM
I bought a Barnett K-Series clutch when I put in my 440. It started slipping in about 3 weeks. :mad: So I called them and sent it back. They sent me a Dirt Digger clutch to replace it. It is still sitting in the garage. :rolleyes: I never opened it, the stock clutch has been holding for over 1 1/5 years.
I would be willing to make some one a deal on it. :D
I am going to a FDO clutch package when I do the 463.

cals400ex
08-29-2002, 09:32 PM
i have the sparks setup also. i like it and not had any problems with it yet. the pull is stiffer and the bike does not seem to shift quite as smooth but i don't know why. doesn't the sparks setup use hinson products?

GreatAim
09-18-2002, 04:32 PM
what do you guys think of magura?

oynot400
09-19-2002, 08:07 AM
I know a couple of guys with them and they love them. Then again they are running some stiff springs so the lever would pull hard with out it.

09-19-2002, 09:23 AM
I run the FDO clutch kit like oynot will be running and I have a magura clutch and I love them both. I have had no problem with my clucth slipping and the springs are still at full strength with almost an entire season on them.

ChadEXer
09-19-2002, 11:14 AM
If you cant afford the Hinson setup then go with the stock!
Ive got the complete Hinson setup with TC plates and springs and all that.

Big - D Racing
09-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Who is FDO? Do they have a website?

oynot400
09-19-2002, 02:28 PM
FDO = For Dirt Only. They don't have a web site as of yet. Mike is a great guy to deal with. I can't wait to get mine together. Sorry I don't have the phone # in front of me. If you want it I can get it later or GNCCer should have it.:D

09-19-2002, 05:27 PM
after you get your clutch get a RTC LEVER!! THEY KICK ***!!!!

JabberJaw
09-19-2002, 05:30 PM
I run the EBC heavy duty, and stiff clutch springs..... my hand hurts!!!

300exryder
09-19-2002, 06:48 PM
EBC dirt digger w/ heavy duty springs. No problems yet -- about 1/2 year since installation. It was the cheapest at the time -- only $60 bucks for the carbon fiber plates, friction plates, and heavy duty springs.