PDA

View Full Version : Clutch trouble...

Jakeyracer
09-03-2006, 12:50 AM
ok i have to ask because it is getting really g/d anoying!!!

i took a little crash bout a week ago and i bent my steering stem ok but while looking at that i realised that this thing on my clutch snapped in half so i took out the broken piece and put the still useable piece back in. now i cant pop the clutch to do a wheelie or do a takeoff, and now i cant get it in neutral while the engine is running. what is this piece called and do i replace just it or the whole cable??? part circled in red:ermm:

Woodrowbt
09-03-2006, 02:41 AM
that the perch?

Or the piece on the end of the cable?

boricua
09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
looks like you have a different clutch lever and perch....
your quick adjustment screw seems to be what your highlighting, it a four point star like thing or the other adjusters that are on the cable. without clutch adjustment, your not getting the proper amount of clutch. not a good idea to ride it this way.
you should be able to get the adjuster seperate. otherwise you need a new perch....

krt400ex
09-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by boricua
looks like you have a different clutch lever and perch....
your quick adjustment screw seems to be what your highlighting, it a four point star like thing or the other adjusters that are on the cable. without clutch adjustment, your not getting the proper amount of clutch. not a good idea to ride it this way.
you should be able to get the adjuster seperate. otherwise you need a new perch....

x2

Jakeyracer
09-03-2006, 07:56 PM
i have to cet a new perch but it is that adjuster screw that snapped cant that be removed and replaced because i could practicly make one myself :ermm:

Jakeyracer
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
oops i reread ur post so how much is the adjuster screw roughly:confused:

firefighterjosh
09-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't think they sell them separtly I think you have to buy the whole perch.