PDA

View Full Version : question about battery

rebelbuggy
09-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Having battery trouble sometimes works great other times it doesnt....to read fully what has happened read below..

Okay my 300 ex battery would let the lights come on when I first got it but it wouldnt turn over any... so I charged it up it would turn over then I found out I had to rebuild so it sat for like 2 weeks ....

I got it almost back together 2 days ago and charged it up with the battery charger and it only took like 10 minutes to charger witch I found strange I said okay and unhooked well, yesterday when i went to crank it up NOthing. lkights would work but would noit even hit.. so I pluged the charger back up and let charge for i say about 25 minutes and it was on like 90% i belive anyways it crunk up took battery charger off and then it died so crunk up again. then I cut it off and when I went to start back Nothing so put charger on for a start up and crunk up....... it was cranking fine lastnight ..

got her out today and Nothing again..... so got charger back out and charged up long nuff to crank... rode it to my friends house... it sat there for I say maybe 10 minutes then it crunk right up ran maybe a minute we cut it off then it sat for about 3 minutes then crunk right back up again...... just fine..

sat for about a hour crunk up great I drove it home and ate supper. went outside and it was dead........

Jumped it off and drove around then it sat for like 3 hours and then had to be jumped off again....

but.. I rode it about 10 minutes got off it sat for like 20 minutes then it crunk up great... rode about 10 more minutes and cut off and went to crank and it deader then heck

i just dont get how sometimes it can crank over and over and over fine then others it dont do nothing at all..

tonight when i rode for like the 10 I even had the headlight on also..... I just dont get it is it my battery? or something else...

Caseys 300ex
09-02-2006, 08:28 PM
You may need a new battery or a new altinater..