PDA

View Full Version : MX ATV schools any good?

R-Crazy
08-28-2002, 08:27 PM
are the MX schools that are only a few hours long any good or should i just ride on the track and gain expeirience? is it worth the $$$? have any of you MXers taken a school? should i get a trainer? i hate asking questions, but i am just learning. thanks

dave

Sparks425Ex
08-29-2002, 07:04 AM
I personally don't think they can teach you much. I mean momst stuff when racing is picked up while racing. I have never had a lesson and at the District 3 Races I finish 1-2 or 3. I must have done sumthing right to be doing that. IMO the only thing they can teach you is about starts. Which ya still pretty much just gotta go out adn do it adn be yourown teacher.

I feel the best place to learn how to be a better racer/rider is to go adn race. I picked up almost all of my riding ability at the track. When you go out and ride it is nuthing like racing. Once you get done with your first race you will be like wow i never expected it to be that hard/tiring/fun.

Go and race and save you money for your quad or races. JMO

MXcutie
08-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Best way to learn how to race is just to go out there and practice.... that's how everyone learns how to race you dont hear of the pros or other big time guys takin lessons upon how to race.... and plus everyone has to have their own style of racing you cant learn off of someone else... i mean they can give you tips but that's it everything else is up to you b/c when your out there it's only you and your bike not a teacher, you and your bike

mxracer08
08-29-2002, 03:44 PM
there is absolutely no way to get in all the info that some of the pro rider schools put out unless you know someone that is pro or up high in the ranks. You wouldn't believe all of the tricks they have for any part of racing. Well worth the money. Joe Byrd has a school that is $200 for 2 days of riding (almost dawn-dusk) and he will refund half your money if you can't come back the second day, which is a great deal.