PDA

View Full Version : new york state title?

ny300exrider
09-02-2006, 12:46 PM
i have a quick question regarding new york state and quad titles. im getting ready to put my 05 450r up for sale that i bought brand new and want to make sure i have everything set up for the future buyer. the dealership i bought the quad from registered the quad for me so i was all set from the showroom floor. my question is; when selling the quad, the transferable nys registration acts as the "title" of the quad correct? im almost positive that if the quad is registered under new york state, there is no document style title given. i just want to make sure because i have all the regi. documents and plate, but no real title.

thanks

mole97
09-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Correct, your registration is your title....

TRX23rider
09-02-2006, 05:28 PM
im not trying to steal your thread but i am going through the same thing is you and i have a question for you, Have you paid off your quad completly? My dad said i cannot sell mine untill it is paid off or if i get enough to pay it off when i sell it. i just want to make sure there isnt another way.

mole97
09-03-2006, 04:31 AM
If you have an outstanding loan (meaning it's not paid off), you have to pay anything off before you can sell it. The only other way I can think of right now is If you have someone who wants it,maybey you can transfer the loan to their name and they take over the payments? plus whatever else you want cash wise? Best bet thogh pay it off..less hassle;)

TRX23rider
09-03-2006, 08:41 AM
that sucks, but thanks man!

ny300exrider
09-03-2006, 10:48 AM
nope mines not payed off but i plan on using some of the money i make selling to pay it off. from what i understand, you can sell the quad without having it payed off, and then pay off a thing called a lien after it is sold. the only catch is, the buyer has to agree on it because until the quad is fully paid, he doesnt get the full title. it's kind of confusing haha.