PDA

View Full Version : Honda Rear End On Yfz???

motomanmike
09-02-2006, 05:11 AM
Are any of you guys using the JB swingarm with the honda running parts on the rear of your YFZ's??? I just bought a JB swingarm with tapered carrier. Its set up for the 250r axle, brake etc.. I was just curious about whether or not a 400ex axle, sprocket hub, brake hub etc would work on this set up because it says something about it on the JB website. I'm anxious to get this rear end on because the YFZ swingarms are junk, and so are the axles, even aftermarket ones.

A A R O N
09-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I can't help you, but if you need any 250r rear end components, I've got them. I've got a brake caliper mount that was on a jb swingram, as well as a 250r rear caliper/braided brake line/master cylinder.

A A R O N
09-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I've also got a 250r adjustable extended lonestar axle with billet sprocket hub, and what the heck why not throw in an anti fade lonestar lock nut:p

Jason216
09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
i know that a 400ex axle fits in a 450r so that means that the hub and sprockets would more than likely work

IOWAracer
09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
yamaha swingarm isnt junk bill ballance is still running a stock swinger and with his like 3 championships on the yfz i would say its pretty reliable

motomanmike
09-04-2006, 12:25 PM
IOWARACER I'm not hear to argue over whether they are junk or not. I'm here to gather info about the swingarm setup i have chosen, you think their great, i think they are junk, i've seen two cracked ones and mine is working on it thats why i made my purchase. Also do you really think the stock swing arm is stonger than a JB????? Your out of your mind. I know you are going to get frustrated over this but heh you jumped on my thread with opinions not answers. everyone else thank you for your time, input and please send me pms with prices on an axle brake sprocket hub and caliper. i have the brake plate already and carrier. I ONLY USE PAYPAL, NOTHING ELSE.

A A R O N
09-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I'll pm you prices....but sorry, i don't use "paypay"....however, I will use paypal :p

motomanmike
09-04-2006, 02:24 PM
LOL yeah sorry about that

rpyfz450
10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I remember being told the 2004/2005 YFZ axles have different bearing spacing than the trx250r by the guy that answers the phone at JB. I haven't heard about the 2006+ axles.

motomanmike
10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
From what i know you have to use the 250r carrier, axle, sprocket hub, brake hub, rotor, and caliper, pretty much the whole honda rear end. I've seen this setup on alot of hybrid quads and was just curious if anyone else was using it.

jshtex
10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by motomanmike
IOWARACER I'm not hear to argue over whether they are junk or not. I'm here to gather info about the swingarm setup i have chosen, you think their great, i think they are junk, i've seen two cracked ones and mine is working on it thats why i made my purchase. Also do you really think the stock swing arm is stonger than a JB????? Your out of your mind. I know you are going to get frustrated over this but heh you jumped on my thread with opinions not answers. everyone else thank you for your time, input and please send me pms with prices on an axle brake sprocket hub and caliper. i have the brake plate already and carrier. I ONLY USE PAYPAL, NOTHING ELSE.

The 04 swingarms are junk, anyone who runs one hard for long will end up with the famous X crack over the rear shock linkage.

But FWIW they fixed that in the 05 and up bikes. There are several pros who choose to run the stocker because they are strong and extreemly (sp) light weight. But I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for upgrading.