PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating

Rico400
09-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Anyone tailgate at football games? Im thinking of building some type of set-up on like a small trailer. With like a built in custom bbq and like a big cooler. Or something, im not sure yet really. Anyone have something like this set-up? or seen something like this done. I need some ideas. I can already tell that by the time im finished football season will be over with. But itll be cool to have to take to partys, going to the dunes, then next year ill be prepared. thxx for any ideas.

prepracing
09-02-2006, 05:55 AM
check out the episode of Trick my Truck where they built the tailgater truck and camper :macho

Rico400
09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
alright, what station is it on? hopefully i can find it someday.

after researching last night, i think im going to build one out of a 55 gallon drum. Just cut out like 1/4 if it. then put hinges on it. And have like a door on the bottom to get ashes out. Most of the time they have like holes on the sides with threads, so i can put in like a pipe elbow and have a small chimeny. Then weld up like a small cart then weld the drum to the top. Make a small table around it kinda of..... Ive got a step by step thing on the internet i found, looks farelly easy. and cheap. and i can not have to worry about a couple hundred dollar nice one at tailgating partys. Anyone built something like this before?

400ex28
09-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I belive its on CMT.

JRP
09-02-2006, 03:05 PM
oh yea, every home football game me and my buds get together and tailgate... We bring grills and TV's, we play football in the parking lot, and everyonce in a while someone brings a guitar or somehting. Its alot of fun.

Rico400
09-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JRP
oh yea, every home football game me and my buds get together and tailgate... We bring grills and TV's, we play football in the parking lot, and everyonce in a while someone brings a guitar or somehting. Its alot of fun.

ya i bet. nothing like a good ol tail gating. Havnt thought about bringing a tv, how do u run power to it?

JRP
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
you can buy a power adapter. Pretty much jus plugs into your cigarette outlett, but the car has to be running for it to work, so that sucks. lol

Rico400
09-02-2006, 03:26 PM
ooo ya, never thought about one of them deals.... Would be nice to get one though, then run like a radio/tv or and other stuff.... Can't wait till the next home game. its going to be tight as hell. Hopefully i can get my BBQ built by then:ermm:

Rico400
09-12-2006, 09:37 PM
sorry to bring back such an old thread, but my 1st tailgating party is this friday and i got to thiking, what the hell do i do with all the charcoal after the game? is there something i can put it in? i eneded up just buying a normal charcoal bbq, but it stands up like 3 feet and i dont want hot charcoal flying out of the bbq when im crusing down the road, u think if i brought a shovel and a small metal bucket that would workout alright? put all the coal and ashes in it.