PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r Carb Questions

Flyin-Low
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Couple of questions.

Is a 48 pilot jet on a 06 450r w/ Rossier pipe too rich? If so, what should I get instead?

Where is the Air/Fuel screw on this carb? Is the the "D Shaped" thing on the bottom of it?

-Martin

moogie66
09-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Pilot jet 48 may be too high, these carbs dont seem to need bigger pilot jet,
yes the d shape screw is adjuster, the best thing you can do is go and buy tour self an extended adjustable screw, at least you can adj while eng running to see if idle changes, i think best way to get adj right and you should never have to touch again

Also another tip if you have a throtle lag from idle to stabbing throttle, as said on these threads many times get a smaller leak jet,(#55 is in the HRC kit), i think go even smaller and then screw up accel pump scew
(note these leak jets are aval as a yamaha part)

The leak jet is in the float bowl, remove float bowl and you will see it, same time put in extended pilot screw
Accel pump screw is under RHS black cover on carb and is the screw between main shaft (the one the cable attached to) and a rod that goes downwards
Note the screw also is a D shape, (the tool is in HRC kit), also good to remove screw and cut a flat accross it so a normal flat blade scewdriver can be used

The accel pump adj squirts more fuel upon throttle pump, this seems to help. T
To be more precise you remove filter box to look into back end of carb and stab the throttle and you will see the fuel squirt out into the eng. Adj screw up to get the most fuel squirt without hitting the carb slide and splashing back

I hope this helps, i have just gone through all this with help from people on this forum and its good when fellow quad people can share there experience

Flyin-Low
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks alot man, some help is always nice to get!

-Martin