PDA

View Full Version : demo derby car

xtremefullbore
09-01-2006, 09:20 PM
me and some freinds had to go to wal mart a while back and on our way there we saw a '84 Mercury Topaz for $35, so we stopped and said are you serious? and they werent kiddin it started ran fine just upholstry and seats were torn up, so we paid 35.00 straight up and took this thing home, the 3 decided why not put in the demo derby, so last night we were ready for the derby and i was drivin while my freind rode along but my other freind could not ride in the car so we were about 1 hour away from our class entering and all the sudden 3 cop cars pull in behind me and so I am like.. what did I do wrong, and I couldnt think of anything and they came up to us and said, well we have report that this car has been a stolen car, and we were wiggin out because if this was stolen we are in huge trouble even if we didnt know about it being "hot" so we told them the story and they said well we can call the people you bought it from down here so they came down and they swore up and down it was not stolen and so my heat class got up and i was mad because I came 45 miles hauling this derby car on my dads diesel and his trailer which was a complete waste of gas. So finally the cops about 30 minutes later check the V.I.N on the car and comes up as the original owner... and it was not stolen.. we were all 3 mad... so I guess tommorow we will go 95 miles to a demo derby, we better tear it up!!

09-01-2006, 10:11 PM
That sucks.Atleast it turned out good.:chinese:

RaptorRacer45
09-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Wheres the Derby at?

bsjoe
09-01-2006, 10:41 PM
omg i cant stand demo derbys..

such a waste of a car.. i mean god its like taking a hammer to ur private parts!!! :mad:

1fst400
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM
I just got home from helping my budie prep his 2 cars for the demo derby. theres alot more to it than I thot. He has spent the last cupple months on these 2 cars. I will get some pics.

mxdad
09-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Wheres the Derby at?

RR, They have them down here in MD. http://www.arcadiavfc.org/DemoDerby/derby.shtml

RaptorRacer45
09-02-2006, 08:22 AM
O ok.....the Derby up here was postponed till next weekend:mad: thats why i was wonderin

Quad Boy 660r
09-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by bsjoe

such a waste of a car.. i mean god its like taking a hammer to ur private parts!!! :mad:

HUH:confused:

I can understand not wanting to destroy a good car, but these cars are "less than average":blah: .

Suit yourself.

kawi_kfx13
09-02-2006, 08:34 AM
lol i love demo derbys...and when we dont go to them we ahve supped up go karts...and i have a golf cart with a 250cc in it... so use that..lol and e veryone rides there go carts...and we see whos runs the longest! lol its fun...somtimes it hurts but its still funny

firefighterjosh
09-04-2006, 03:20 AM
I just entered my fist demo derby got 3rd palce. I had a GEo Spectrum I drove for 3 years and only paid $300 back then. the CV shaft started goin out and I couldnt fix it so I decided to derby it. Here is a pic.

Grant Casey
09-04-2006, 04:12 AM
i reckon a Derby would be fun

firefighterjosh
09-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Grant Casey
i reckon a Derby would be fun

OMG it was one of the funniest things ever. I was hurtin for about 3 days though

bwamos
09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I just entered my fist demo derby got 3rd palce. I had a GEo Spectrum I drove for 3 years and only paid $300 back then. the CV shaft started goin out and I couldnt fix it so I decided to derby it. Here is a pic.

Any after pictures.. lol.
I bet that thing was toast against the 1970's beasts.. lol.

firefighterjosh
09-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Any after pictures.. lol.
I bet that thing was toast against the 1970's beasts.. lol.

It was in the comact derby lol. Ummm there was a Gremlin and OMG I thought It was gonna kill me. The gremlin is the one that put me out. I am still trying to get my GF Camera so i can load them.

Aceman
09-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by bsjoe

I take it you'd probably cry if you watched a car crusher in action. Demo derbies just do a little precrushing before it hits the actual salvage yard. So what's the problem? Ever heard of metal recycling?

firefighterjosh
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Here is a link to a article about are demo derby the bus to the right is my friends.

Demo Article (http://www.thepostandmail.com/articles/2006/07/24/news/sports/sports01.txt)

bulkdriverlp
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
demo derbys are a blast to watch, some funny stuff happends to the cars. up here all the fairs in the summer have them. the new thing up here is called a BUMP N RUN, its similar, its demo cars driving on a dirt track and smashing into each other but they have to complete laps. the first car with all the completed laps wins. good luck. they run a lot of front wheel drives now, like chevy luminas, corsicas, buick skylarks. riverias too