PDA

View Full Version : no brakes!!!

redrider05
09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
alright guys..a few weeks ago i wrecked the quad and messed myself up n the 450..well i finnially made it out to the garage and noticed i had no brakes...so no big deal right ill just bleed them...so i did n got all the bubbles out and i started to get some firmness to the lever and i kept pumping,holding the lever,turn the bleeders out andletting alil fluid out...but all i have is its only firm halfway through...unlike before when it was firm from first touch..so does anybody have any advice...ive done this a million times...could the brakes master cylinder be messed up?is there a rebuild kit for it..i mean there is absolutely no air bubbles.so that means that it should pump up right?all the banjo's are tight,the ss brakelines dont look kinked or damaged

HELP!!:confused:

09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Go to the auto parts store and buy a vacuum pump. Use that to bleed them. It should fix you up.

redrider05
09-01-2006, 05:51 PM
i allready was using the mityvac...like i said i pumped it to where nothing but solid fluid was coming out...just wont get anymore feel to the lever

exrider008
09-01-2006, 05:56 PM
my 400ex just did this and it was because the brake pads were worn out and the "wear indicator" was showing that my pads were shot. so check ur pads.

09-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by redrider05
i allready was using the mityvac...like i said i pumped it to where nothing but solid fluid was coming out...just wont get anymore feel to the lever

You said I kept pumping. You didn't say anything about a vacuum pump. You could have been talking about pumping the break lever. I'm not a mind reader.

redrider05
09-02-2006, 07:32 AM
well either way it should pump up regardless...i tried both ways, well the pads could stand to be replaced..so maybe ill try that..this thing is just confusing me lol