PDA

View Full Version : where to get my engine work done.

fastyz85
09-01-2006, 04:36 PM
hey guys wheres a good place in jersey to get my engine work done. im lookin to bore mine out to a 406 with a je 10:6:1 piston and a hotcams stage 1 cam. im getting it done at my dealer as of now but there booked for two weeks so i got some time to figure out if i want to take it there or a shop.

400eXr1d3rZ
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
If not too much trouble, any good places in louisiana?

PismoLocal
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I bought a clymer manual and installed a new cylinder, piston, timing chain, and cam all in about 4 hours. And it was first time ever getting into motor. If i was you I'd study up on it and do it yourself.

krt400ex
09-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by fastyz85
hey guys wheres a good place in jersey to get my engine work done. im lookin to bore mine out to a 406 with a je 10:6:1 piston and a hotcams stage 1 cam. im getting it done at my dealer as of now but there booked for two weeks so i got some time to figure out if i want to take it there or a shop.

where in nj r u located. i am in northern nj, in sussex county and i know a guy who does engines. i can give u his # if u want.

he is very good and i learn something new everytime i go there. he is like a walking dictionary for quads and he has a certified tech. from MMI

fastyz85
09-01-2006, 05:40 PM
well im in south jersey in atlantic county about half an hour in land from atlantic city. i would get the number of the guy but the dealer has mmi trained technicians too. and pismolocal have u had any problems with the kit yet, and what kind of tools do i need to do it myself because i've been questioning whether i should do it myself or let someone else do it.

fastyz85
09-01-2006, 05:44 PM
and also where would i send it to get it bored and honed if i did do it myself.

krt400ex
09-01-2006, 05:54 PM
and also where would i send it to get it bored and honed if i did do it myself.

most any machine shop will do it. jus make sure u give them the oiston too so they can match the bore

krt400ex
09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
i would get the number of the guy but the dealer has mmi trained technicians too.

i said that just because sometimes it will make ppl a little more at ease. i would recommend his work any day though.

440bigborekit
09-01-2006, 08:39 PM
i say send out the cylinder to get bored and honed at any machine shop most will do it and then just do it yourself its not realy hard at all to put a piston and cam in.....even have a friend or somebody that knows there stuff preaty good help you out and your learn alot about your motor and stuff doing my own work is fun to me idk abour you hope i helped good luck

-brian