PDA

View Full Version : how are rear shock rebuilds

rookiex
08-28-2002, 06:16 PM
I need to know how good rear shock rebuilds are. like a TCS or elka rebuild like a full rebuild the works how good are they,,,,I am thinkin about getting a rear elka or TCS rebuild....Which is better....

Dave400ex
08-28-2002, 08:11 PM
I should be getting my Elka back tomorrow. TCS and PEP have some awesome Rebuilds too.

airheadedduner
08-29-2002, 12:58 AM
They are as or nearly as good as a full aftermarket shock.

08-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
They are as or nearly as good as a full aftermarket shock.

YUP..

Dave400ex
08-29-2002, 07:43 PM
I got my Elka Rebuild today. That thing is Awesome. Sits the Rear about 2 inches lower then Stock and soaks up all the Jumps great.

Nausty
08-29-2002, 10:59 PM
i'm not to happy with mine and wish I went with full rear shock. I've been trying adjust mine to get it right forever and it isn't happening. It bottems when I don't want it too, bottems easily, rear rebound is the way I like it through the rough stuff but sends me into a nose dive a lot. Blew a shock seal when I got it. It is a lot better than stock but I guess it doesn't have the performance for racing on real techinical stuff and when I am flying through the whoops I can really feal it and is pretty unconsistant because its like one second its botteming and the next it barely moves. I hope all that sounds right, i'm pretty tired and to lazy to reread it.

crazy canadian
08-30-2002, 01:43 AM
i love my elka re-build! got it done at the quad shop. made a world of difference. call them the'll hook you up.