PDA

View Full Version : Akraix's The Fallout vol. 2

EngelstadFQX
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
who's pumped to see this flick?...these guys single handedly rose Quad FMX from the grave...I'd like to see more people get into the sport of Freestyle and I think this movie is going to make people want to go out and try it. I was at a few of the film shoots, and from what I saw- this will be a video that sets the standard for fmx. Im so excited to see what the fellas come up with. Might even see me in there for a few shots. So what are you guy's predictions on this movie...what do you want to see out of it? (freestyle/ freeride related)

Bartman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EngelstadFQX/27.jpg

view the teaser at www.akraix.com

Scro
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I would like to see more trail riding/XC. I think the majority of the people would rather see this, than just a film with freestyle and few clips of non-freestyle.

BigFish
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Go watch the old blackwater videos then...I don't care about sitting around watching someone ride around in the woods. I like to see the limits of the sport be pushed. Akraix is doing it up right now. Can't wait till november. I'm pretty stoked about the stuff I've heard about a distance record jump. I'm assuming thats where the trailer left off. I can't wait...

EngelstadFQX
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
yea, keep this freestyle/ freeride related like I said before...what kind of tricks would you like to see, what compounds/ freeriding areas would be cool to watch, freestyle riders, combos, foam pit tricks, ect.

mattonln
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
more dunes and guys goin all out. the bigger the air the better. its not necessarily the tricks, its who's goin bigger, smoother, cleaner and farther.

yellowzo3
09-01-2006, 04:04 PM
i think natural terrain is awesome to watch. its sick seeing people riding out in the dunes or fields and finding jumps to hit! im not sure if fallout 2 has any of this in it, but from the looks of the trailer i dont think anyone will be complaining.

EngelstadFQX
09-01-2006, 04:58 PM
oh there will be natural riding...you guys will love a section we shot back in April, gives me goosebumps thinking of this jump Caleb hit...I don't wanna spoil your dinner so Ill leave it at that.

jt195
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
i really liked the first vid and im sure this one will be even better.)i hope it is i already pre-ordered it the first night i was able to)i hope to see another segment from TP's house and see what u guys are trying to pull in a foam pit.some goon riding is always fun to watch too

DEAL
09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
Go watch the old blackwater videos then...I don't care about sitting around watching someone ride around in the woods. I like to see the limits of the sport be pushed. Akraix is doing it up right now. Can't wait till november. I'm pretty stoked about the stuff I've heard about a distance record jump. I'm assuming thats where the trailer left off. I can't wait...

Exactly.

Phills450r
09-02-2006, 07:54 PM
how much is this badboy going to cost? I dont want to spend over 30 dollars on a dvd im going to watch maybe 4 times... well with the way it looks 20 times but ya..

csr250r
09-02-2006, 08:49 PM
sounds awsome. i would like to see a some backflips maybe with a no-footer or something. haydays and texas were my favorite in volume1, if it is as good as the first ill have to check it out.

hondaracer305
09-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Phills450r
how much is this badboy going to cost? I dont want to spend over 30 dollars on a dvd im going to watch maybe 4 times... well with the way it looks 20 times but ya..

ull get ur money's worth out of it, trust me :D

DEAL
09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by BigFish

actually .. now that I think about it the video should be all Xc and "stunting" .. that would be sweet ... everyone wants to see that.

DEAL
09-03-2006, 06:15 PM
except me.

nacsEX
09-04-2006, 11:15 AM
hahahaha

EngelstadFQX
09-05-2006, 10:57 PM
bump!....if you guys want a good video heres your chance to tell us what you want! theres still a little time to get some filming in...it's now or until next year!

wolffie
09-06-2006, 08:49 AM
i thought the first vid was pretty much perfect. this isnt a big deal, but i think mabey for the bigger stunts it would be cool to slow down the video and hear the sound of the quad. thats all though. im deffinetly looking forward to the second edition of The Fall Out.;)

Nausty
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
i like all the little insane skits, and all the off the wall crazy stuff! ITs just so freeking awsome! So whats the deal can we send footage in or what?

Anything outta control w/ a lotta air! Natural terrain is awsome, hill climbs just stuff that makes you go!
:eek:

Shift_450R
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
some free riding. Like gravel and sand pits:macho

raptor146
09-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Big air, new tricks, some nasty whips and a segment with some amature freestyle.;)

DVS_Freestyler
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
you guys are going to be amazed with some of the natural dirt hits the guys were doing today! friggen huge!!

RezoD
09-11-2006, 06:04 AM
I have to agree with Wolffie. I'd like to hear more of the engine and less of the music some of the time. Not too much though, the music really plays into with how amped you get when you watch the videos.

I'd like to see LOTS of duning. Maybe hit up Glamis for Thanksgiving day or something, and try to show all the crazyness for the people that have never seen it.:devil:

Travis

PismoLocal
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Ya glamis and/or Pismo on a Big weekend would be sweet to see on there.

QuadR8cer12
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
this crazy enough for you??:chinese:

EngelstadFQX
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
whammy.

YFZ133
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
U GUYS EVER COMIN BACK TO RAUSCH I WAS HITTN THE RAMP WITH YA'LL LAST YEAR !!! UNBELIEVEABLE SUCH A RUSH!!!! WE COULD SET UP SOMETHIN SICK HUGE GAP OR SOMETHIN , WELL GOOD LUCK AGAIN WITH THIS ONE SURE IT WILL BE BAD ARS!!!

LATER FINK 133:D

dshfearh
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
i love seeing natural gaps like the one above. just something about natural jumps that is sick.

wilkin250r
09-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Me, personally, I'm a big fan of some of the "behind the scenes" stuff.

FMX is where it's at, no doubt, but jump after jump just kinda blends into each other.

If you're hitting the dunes, show a scene of a party around a bonfire. If you're hitting a huge gap like the one above, show us a little of what goes into the preparation. It shouldn't come out like a "Stunt Junkies" show, with 20min of preparation and 1min of stunts. But show us a little what it's like to be there.

One of my favorite scenes in the last one was the backflip into the pond, everybody kickin it and having a good time.

And, like others said, I do like to hear the engine every once in a while.

Shift_450R
09-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

FMX is where it's at, no doubt, but jump after jump just kinda blends into each other.

If you're hitting the dunes, show a scene of a party around a bonfire. If you're hitting a huge gap like the one above, show us a little of what goes into the preparation. It shouldn't come out like a "Stunt Junkies" show, with 20min of preparation and 1min of stunts. But show us a little what it's like to be there.

One of my favorite scenes in the last one was the backflip into the pond, everybody kickin it and having a good time.

Thats an awesome idea:macho

Louie
09-12-2006, 08:55 PM
All sand video. Pismo,glamis,dumont.

JR3
09-13-2006, 05:31 PM
me personally i usually skip dune sections its just so boring i like natural terrain hits and style

bluebaron
09-13-2006, 09:07 PM
personally i like a few clips of the dunes here and there, but not a whole section.

8my_Cash
09-14-2006, 09:34 AM
i jus think akraix should just do what they do and surprise us all.

just show us the impossible and push that envelope even farther

i wouldnt mind seeing someone huck a 360 :D

mx3mom
09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I think Akraix done a good job with Fallout 1, so I think they can manage to do it again. I didn't mind watching the entire thing, because it sticks to the subject, no half naked girls running around, no vulgar moves or a lot of vulgar language. I think these things can be left out of the videos and it keeps them more viewer friendly for the younger audiences as well as interesting for everyone else. (Even mothers) lol I'm looking forward to buying our copy.

yellowzo3
09-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

i agree about some of the preparation stuff! id like to see when someone discovers a new natural jump and how they prepare to go for it and stuff like that. basically what wilkin250r said haha...i love to hear the engines also..im sure it will be a crazy movie no matter what though.

Wired
09-15-2006, 07:30 PM
me personally i usually skip dune sections its just so boring i like natural terrain hits and style

Sand isn't natural?:ermm:

pharit
09-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Wired

nope its wind blown.... :D

JR3
09-16-2006, 11:00 AM

haha u understand what im saying if uve ever seen ride to the hills the dirtbike free ride movie its insane but the worse part is the dunes i dunno i just dont like it. I guess because i never rode dunes ive just ridden tracks my whole life if i went to the dunes im sure id like it but hey u asked for the input lol

rlplive
09-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JR3
haha u understand what im saying if uve ever seen ride to the hills the dirtbike free ride movie its insane but the worse part is the dunes i dunno i just dont like it. I guess because i never rode dunes ive just ridden tracks my whole life if i went to the dunes im sure id like it but hey u asked for the input lol
The dunes are the ****!

PolarisRider06
09-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
this crazy enough for you??:chinese:

OH MY GOD!!! I'm assuming thats the gap I've heard about from Bart and from Caleb and thought it sounded insane... now that I see the pic it gives me chills... thats just downright insane... you guys are really gonna have to pull some crazy $h!t out for Fallout 3 by how its sounding cause Fallout 2 is gonna be nuts.

Ruby Soho
09-17-2006, 06:05 AM
they should have a feature on the dvd so you can watch it WITH music, our WITHOUT music

so you can hear all the quads and stuff

wilkin250r
09-17-2006, 06:53 AM

Nope, most of it comes from aeresol cans. Sand dunes, that frost stuff around your window for the holidays, and fake hair. I think Ron Popiel invented it.

wishmasstir
09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
they should have a feature on the dvd so you can watch it WITH music, our WITHOUT music

so you can hear all the quads and stuff

i'm with you on this one

KingpinsEx
09-19-2006, 01:26 PM
The biggest thing i would like to see that isn't offered much in freestyle video's is behind the scene's stuff. Now im not talkin about crazy parties and wild women, that stuff has its own place. But as it was mentioned before things such as jump prep, showing how they are built, bike setups, advise to riders, anything to give a little more than just repiticous riding, which i still GREATLY enjoy. This is just something that would really improve any film and is not done to much extent. It wouldn't even have to be in the movie, although could, but in a extra's section or something. I just think it would be great to see and hear everyone right before Jon attempted the first backflip, stuff like that!

xwarriorx
09-20-2006, 09:57 AM
need we not forget huevos 9 comes out this fall and you know they are not to be out done

bansheerider4
10-01-2006, 10:30 AM
yea, keep this freestyle/ freeride related like I said before...what kind of tricks would you like to see, what compounds/ freeriding areas would be cool to watch, freestyle riders, combos, foam pit tricks, ect.

you guys should be doin wheelies and stoppies also that always arouses my pleasure:blah:

10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
i think the akraix guys will come through on this one for use.but me,i whant to see some knarly natural hill climbs.hills like this.i like to here the motor to.

Dan_Guetter
10-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Why climb hills when you can jump them

10-04-2006, 10:10 AM
i like climbing hills better then catching air.

bigbadbubba
10-04-2006, 12:32 PM
the thing i was hoping to see in volume one that i bougth 2 days ago was in the profile section the bike like a few pics of the bikes that they use of each one adn a mod list of each one would be awsome, i mean u dont have to get into the top secret pro stuff but like suspention, exhuiast , bars, stems, ect..

AtvMxRider
10-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by xwarriorx
need we not forget huevos 9 comes out this fall and you know they are not to be out done

Scro
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by teamhonda396x
i like climbing hills better then catching air.

Agreed:macho

hondaracer305
10-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
the thing i was hoping to see in volume one that i bougth 2 days ago was in the profile section the bike like a few pics of the bikes that they use of each one adn a mod list of each one would be awsome, i mean u dont have to get into the top secret pro stuff but like suspention, exhuiast , bars, stems, ect..

pretty much what you see on our bikes is what we have, theres not really any "top secret" stuff on there, mines about the most basic freestyle quad.. :macho

bigbadbubba
10-04-2006, 01:39 PM
yeah but i like to see the color combos, the way u have some stuff set and all, i just really like seeing done up pro quads

Ruby Soho
10-08-2006, 07:52 PM
when i go to the akraix site it brings me to the fallout 1 teaser.

what happened?

QuadR8cer12
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
nothing happened, dan just has not gotten it up on the main site yet.:chinese:

here is a link to the teaser for the new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jotRA7nkzgM

Ruby Soho
10-09-2006, 07:23 AM
oh..

for some reason i remember it being on the main site