PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me getting timming chain back on lower spocket 300ex

rebelbuggy
09-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Okay I am putitng my 300ex back together and I thought we was holding the timing chain tight on the bottom gears and well went to put on cam shaft gear and found out the bottom is off..

how in the world do you get it back on without taking the head back off and w/o removing the side cover....????????

If I do remove the sidfe cover I have to have a new gasket right ?????????

Please someone answer me its 106pm in GA and i want to get thig thing together and try to fire her up today thanks

bwamos
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
A lot of times you can just finnesse it back on there. A flashlight and a telescoping magnetic pickup can help to move the chain around to where it needs to be.

rebelbuggy
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
A lot of times you can just finnesse it back on there. A flashlight and a telescoping magnetic pickup can help to move the chain around to where it needs to be.

yeah thanks, I got it back on it, My wonderfull gf came up with a idea of turning the four wheeler on its side. the chain fell onto the right side of the gears and i was able to turn the motor and have the chain catch onto it....

shes pretty smart some times , but ot often LOL
:devil: