PDA

View Full Version : Burnouts, donuts

bsjoe
09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, So ive always been careful trying not to loose traction on my rear tires because I dont want them to wear out immeditally.

I saw a video of a guy who just spun the back wheels on the pavement for about 3 min straight, and when he stopped, it looked like he only wore away 20% of the tred, so would i be killing the rubber on my tires if i did tat on the dirt and stuff? THnaks;)

pimpin330ex
09-01-2006, 09:54 AM
on dirt it shouldent wear them down but on tar they probally were hard compound tires thats whay the dident burn up fast.

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Riding on dirt won't wear them out prematurly, unless you do it all the time

jonboy
09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Anytime that you get on the pavement it is going to wear on your tires more than dirt because they are designed strictly for offroad use. I have seen guys get like a set of golf cart tires mounted and ride on the road and do donuts and burnouts and power slides, but they are alse basically slicks.

rooster300ex
09-01-2006, 04:18 PM
On dirt it depends what kind of tire compound you have and if its soft dirt/sand or hard pack dirt/sand. I can do a donut on some slick hard pack and i can see some tire wear by the end of my day of riding.

idontknowwhoiam
09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
ride how YOU wanna ride..i know if i rode worrying about my tires the whole time i wouldnt have any fun...........

boricua
09-03-2006, 06:12 PM
these tires are usually a soft compound. plus, the knobs off very little traction on road...side wall flex, etc. like idontknowwhoiam said, ride to have fun. youre gonna spin the tires (burnout/donut)
its all part of riding. when you burnout or do a donut on un-neccessarily, then yeah...your tires wont last as long.
im sure stock tires have a compount that is meant to give a comprimise between traction and longevity. if you lean one way or the other, you sacrifice one of those qualities.....

dude, just ride.....have fun!:cool:

04TRX400EX
09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by idontknowwhoiam
ride how YOU wanna ride..i know if i rode worrying about my tires the whole time i wouldnt have any fun...........

Same here. If I want to have some fun and do a slide around a turn or do some doughnuts I'm going to. Just enjoy what you have.

bansheexcracer2
09-03-2006, 09:14 PM
get HD's. I race on mine then come home and ride on them on gravle and trails and they dont wear down hardly at all.

JJ69
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
i do donuts constantly and take off spinning on my x.. i bought it with 50% rears and they still have 50% rears.. i even drove for 25 minutes on a paved road at 80-90km/h.. tires are made to wear.. dont worry.