PDA

View Full Version : Shock Question

gotwarrior
09-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Dose everyone buy all 3 shocks when they put aftermarket shocks on. Or do you sometimes get the fronts and run the stock rear?

bwamos
09-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Depends on the quad.

A 400ex for example.. has non-rebuildable fronts, and a rebuildable rear.

On that quad I'd get the 2 fronts aftermarket (or 450r rebuilds), and send the rear to the place that I'm getting the fronts from to be revalved to match.

On a 300ex.. Aftermarket rear, and 450r rebuilds up front with relocator, and a-arms.]

450's I'd just get all 3 revalved/resprung.

But, no matter wich way you go, you want to get all 3 shocks tuned by the same place.. or you're going to have an unbalanced shock setup.

gotwarrior
09-01-2006, 09:22 AM
what about on a warrior. I was going to get fronts. Most likely WORKS with Res. So I was wanting to know about the rear.

SANDFANATIC
09-01-2006, 09:46 AM
See if they can rebuild the rear to match. If you don't do all three you'll have issues, like bwamos said. The front will soak everything up but, the rear will be bucking and kicking. The bike will handle like crap.

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
I ran just fronts on my banshee for a while. It was ok but I the front would glid over stuff and the year would buck me badly. I sent all 3 off to derisi to be revalved and it was 200% better. I would suggest buying used fronts and sending the fronts and rear to Derisi Racing.

gotwarrior
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
So there's really no way to have a good ride if I buy new fronts and have the rear revalved. So... Buy used and send all three at the same time.

Another guestion. Is the WORKS a prety good shock? An are the res worth the money?

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by gotwarrior
So there's really no way to have a good ride if I buy new fronts and have the rear revalved. So... Buy used and send all three at the same time.

Another guestion. Is the WORKS a prety good shock? An are the res worth the money?

I had Front tripple rate works on the shee and they were ok.

After I had them revavled by derisi they were a 100% better. Plus I spent under $900 bucks including buying the shocks.

If you are a racer or aggressive trail rider rezzies are a good investment. Otherwise you will be fine without them.

gotwarrior
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Is there any other atv that has a shocks that crosses with a warrior?

SANDFANATIC
09-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by gotwarrior
So there's really no way to have a good ride if I buy new fronts and have the rear revalved.

That would work fine. Just don't get new fronts and leave the rear stock.

They are ok. They aren't the best but, they are definitely a good improvement over stock. They are one of the cheaper ones.

Just try to get Dual rate at a min.