PDA

View Full Version : kenda klaws?? better than razr 2s?

parts eeter
09-01-2006, 08:30 AM
I am thinking of buying the 21 inch kenda klaws as I ride mostly woods.The extra sidewall would be a welcome thing because I like to run em low so they ride nice.Are they better tires than my razr2s??

parts eeter
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
I wanted a comparison of the razr 2 to the knarlys.Sorry.Thanks for any help given

headache
09-01-2006, 12:09 PM
i would stay with the razr 2's. the only other tire that comes close is the holeshot HD's. just my .002

02440exkid
09-01-2006, 12:13 PM
razr 2's all the way :D

Unverfehrt400ex
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I was runnin Kendas all the way around but didnt care too much for the rear tires for the type of woods ridin i do. The Razr2's have been doin a lot better for me.

TRX23rider
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
hd's or razr II would both be better than the knarlys for trail riding imo

400eXr1d3rZ
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I have klaw fronts and razr rears,. I like this setup

krt400ex
09-01-2006, 05:37 PM
razr 2s. i am sold on maxxis

1fst400
09-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I have been running a set of razar 2's for a little over a year now. By now they are prety much baked in the tread department. But they where a good over all tire. I did everything with them.

They bite Okay in sand, they do okay on MX track, They are great in the woods. THey where okay when I studed them with skrews and rode on the ice.

-in sand they hooked up nicley for a knoby tire.
-on mx track they hooked nice, but dident let the quad slide to good around corners.
-in the woods they where great because thats kinda what the are made for
-studded for ice they showed thier week point, the wide tread patern made it hard to get enough studs in and resulted on poor traction.

81 clark racing
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
if you do mostly woods riding i would run hd's all the way no question i have them and i love them awesome in the mud an snow. also i ride the roads alot and they dont wear down.

Bigun55
09-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Razr 2's of the HD's either one would be good.

quadman 05400ex
09-05-2006, 04:20 PM
max 2's in front hd's in the rear

jsmith2232
09-06-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm sold on the razr II's

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/jsmith2232/newtireson416ex004.jpg

JJ69
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
i'm running an 87 250x with brand new razrs on the front and i think they are shredders on the back, they are like 40% left, i'm gonna be in the market for some tires soon.. razrs i have heard arent good on the terrain where i live from some friends, i do alot of trails, but occasionally i hit a gravel pit and i like to be able to climb the pits without getting stuck.. the 40% shredders will get me up the hill wide open, but if i'm not wide open in 3rd, then i just dig. i want some grip but i've been told razrs dont grip the tracks and trails i hit.
i also drive on pavement quite a bit because i live in the boonies, so i dont want something thats gonna wear horribly.

Eviltanker
09-06-2006, 03:36 PM
How bout IRAZR's?

400exmkt
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess i will be different. I have never rode the HDs or the razr2s. I like the knarlys I had them on my ex for about 6 months and then put them on the z and they have been on there for about 8 months. I like them. For the price compared to the others you just cant beat them. I have never had any problems with them in the trails. I have put a beatin on these tires and they have held up just fine.

Just my impression of the knarlys.

Def-e-nition
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Could some of you possibly shed some light on the Surtracks or Bkt wing tyres ?

By us its Knarly Klaw or Razr . I tend to ride Enduro more often , and would like to know how a big tread tyre works overall .

Maxxis is pretty $$$ here , as is Kenda .
Bkt offers a nice alternative .

Any advice ?

EXMARK
09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
I've had good luck with the knarlys, no complaints here.

krt400ex
09-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition
Could some of you possibly shed some light on the Surtracks or Bkt wing tyres ?

By us its Knarly Klaw or Razr . I tend to ride Enduro more often , and would like to know how a big tread tyre works overall .

Maxxis is pretty $$$ here , as is Kenda .
Bkt offers a nice alternative .

Any advice ?

i was riding with a guy that had bkt's on all four corners of his warrior, and the tire would not stay seated on the bead. no matter what he did pressure wise, nothing helped. they kept popping off.

Def-e-nition
09-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
i was riding with a guy that had bkt's on all four corners of his warrior, and the tire would not stay seated on the bead. no matter what he did pressure wise, nothing helped. they kept popping off.

I suppose thats wot u get for buying a cheaper indian rip-off of a Maxxis , eh ?

Still , at almost half the price of a Maxxis Im willing to go for it .

We had a case here of a guy who bought 2 rear kendas' . turns out the mold was changed , so one tyre was 1 1/2 inches bigger than the other .

Other than that - I must say the Kenda Klaws are nice .

After a nasty experience on the wet , Id also like to look at something like the wings , Or surtracks .
We have had PLENTY of rain here , making the tracks almost near impossible to ride because of the texas-mud boggin style track.

:ermm:

krt400ex
09-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition
I suppose thats wot u get for buying a cheaper indian rip-off of a Maxxis , eh ?

Still , at almost half the price of a Maxxis Im willing to go for it .

We had a case here of a guy who bought 2 rear kendas' . turns out the mold was changed , so one tyre was 1 1/2 inches bigger than the other .

Other than that - I must say the Kenda Klaws are nice .

After a nasty experience on the wet , Id also like to look at something like the wings , Or surtracks .
We have had PLENTY of rain here , making the tracks almost near impossible to ride because of the texas-mud boggin style track.

:ermm:

buy a set of mudlites :D