PDA

View Full Version : 300EX intake

01TRX300EX
10-13-2001, 01:04 PM
I was looking at the airbox on my 300 and I followed the sport where the air comes into the airbox and noticed it was just part of the frame. So I followed it up to the end. But anyways I was wondering if I could drill some holes in the frame to get more air in the airbox without taking off the airbox lid? I have been looking and I think I have found a good place to put a hole. And also does anyone think that airflow would be better if there was a round tube frame rather than the square tube? Thanks in advance.

10-13-2001, 01:28 PM
Thats a new idea...
I know what you mean with the frame and the airbox.
I think drilling holes in the frame will weaken it and mabe make it snap. Water could still get into the box but not as easy.
I would check it out a little more and ask some opinons
from other people.

Zack.

01TRX300EX
10-13-2001, 05:21 PM
I just asked my dad and he said it would weaken the frame. So I guess thats the end of that idea. I will have to think of new ways of getting more air with out messing with the air box. If there are any.

trueblue450
10-13-2001, 06:17 PM
Just take your airbox lid off. That should be enough air going to it. If not, other people have cut the frame (breather tubes) right before the box, so there is just holes in the bottom of the box. I wouldn't mess with that though.

01TRX300EX
10-14-2001, 11:51 AM
I have taken the airbox lid off, but I noticed it doesn't have as much bottom end and that its quite loud (although it sounds awesome) my neighbors dont mind ATV's in fact they like them but they are mostly older people and they need there sleep.:D