PDA

View Full Version : a few piston questions, Please read and answer

rebelbuggy
09-01-2006, 06:30 AM
okay I just put in my new piston its a wisco if that makes any driffrence. and I wanted to know am I supposed to have movment left to right on it? i mean the wristpin is in and the clips are in place but the pistion and wristpin are slinding left to right on the connection rod....

is it supposeed to have that play in it?

Okay also the little clips that hold the wristpin in place.... the book says to make sure the ends are Not lined up with that lil slot in the piston.. how important is that?
what is that slot even for? is it to get the pin back out later...

btw the pin I am talking about the name they call it is a pin circlip

thanks

660Grizz04
09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
I'll try to anwser your questions, hopefully someone that has more experience will come along but... When you have you wrist pin in with the circlips, the piston should move back and forth ... but not when its in the cylinder. And the circlips shouldnt be lined up with the slot, so that way when you have to take them out you can take a " pick " put it in the slot, pull out and there comes your circlips .... You are talking about the slots, 1 on each side around the circle cut for the wrist pin right? Oh yea, make sure theres no movement up and down with the piston on the connecting rod.