PDA

View Full Version : MX help FAST

R-Crazy
08-28-2002, 04:39 PM
I am heading to jack frost this saturday and was planning on taking their school. turns out they dont have school on weekends. i am still going, and want to know everything i need to know to have fun, and be fast. i know to drink a lot of water the days before and to relax. i want to know exactly how to take an off-camber, whoops, berms, jumps, rythems, etc. Please help. I need responses before saturday! Thanx!!!!!

dave

R-Crazy
08-28-2002, 04:41 PM
BTW, my 300 is stock except for the normal (pipe, tires, air filter, nerfs, etc). no supension work. i am thinking of upping my shocks 1 noch (to the 4th spot, i already put them at the 3rd). i weight 125, would that be smart. i dont plan on hitting anything beyond a 30ft double, although you never know. thanks again.

dave

330exracer122
08-28-2002, 06:48 PM
just hit the throttle an turn ull be fine

gun32boarder
08-28-2002, 07:42 PM
u dont have to worry if u stay in the middle track the all of the doubles r like 10ft their is one double like 20 ft
the far track has 20ft doubles all around and a couple tabletops
and the quad track is real really not good the last time i was their
ther r not realy now off camber, berms when traveling at a high speed around a berm lean twards the inside, jumps keep ur weight balanced, their r no woops on the tracks ur a loud to go on

R-Crazy
08-28-2002, 08:24 PM
sounds pretty easy. thanks. have any of you taken the school yet. does it do any good? is it worth the $$$ or is expeirience just as good? thanks.

dave

honda400exrider
08-28-2002, 08:32 PM
r the jumps in the expert thing real big? my friend said the lips r like 20' high, but he talks so much trash that he gets lost in his own garbage.

R-Crazy
08-28-2002, 08:43 PM
i know there is a big DB jump, but i dont know about an ATV jump.

dave

gun32boarder
08-28-2002, 09:43 PM
i never took a atv school there ive been riding for quite a while
u r not aloud with quads on the expert track where the big jumps r

honda400exrider
08-29-2002, 10:15 AM
o that kid said he was hitting those jumps on his blaster.

YamaWarr0121
08-31-2002, 01:33 PM
yes, the jumps on teh expert track are big, the lipsa re high, maybe not 20 foot high but a few doubles are a good 10 or 8 ft high, thinking about two of my quad heights or more together....

expert track: the track acutally isn tthat hard, take a few laps around to get used to everything and you will see that you can do most the jumps if you have enough experience
iw as tehre with my warrior, and my friends 300ex (pipe, airiflter, tires, thats it) and he was able to do all the jumps i did with my mod's including the bigger doubles, one of the doubles is right after a hill, that you climb up kinda land on the downside (its right after you enter the track, make a left n its in front of you ) just roll over that put it in 3rd, pinn it and you'll make it fine it sure is fun and your up there! the rest of the jumps are basically teh same i ddi them all on my warrior by the end of teh day!

junior sx track: pretty fun to mess around on , no big jumps a bunch of sucky kids tryin to ride fast and get in your way, had to move up from that one

atv track: sucks, big rocks, a few little hills to climb, barely any jumps, up keep sucks, wouldnt recomend it on a racing quad or sport (my dad was bored of it with his polaris trailblazer!!!)

and the trails we didnt even go in since the lack of skid plates...all in all its pretty fun, i didnt think the lesson was necessary, so i didnt take it and i did fine and had a lot of fun (tehre were also 2 quads wiht YZ426 engine's in there R frames or wutever) and i just sat there and watched how i did all the jumps they did, just they went WAYYYY FASTER!

its so fun

have fun there i might be able to make it up, i unno

later (sorry for the long post))

gun32boarder
08-31-2002, 03:01 PM
honda400exrider r u taking to me??

R-Crazy
09-01-2002, 07:44 PM
tomarrow is the day. anyone w/ me. cant wait. i am taing a 3 hour class, it cant hurt. maybe if i get enough balls, ill hit the expert track. thanks for all the help.

dave