PDA

View Full Version : cams...please look

B450r
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
im lookin at getting a hot cam for my 450r..... should i get stage 1 or stage 2........

i want to get out of the hole fast.....but i see a lot of people using stage 2.....wht should i get......

THANX

450R_lover
08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I run the stage 2 and like it alot. what i would do if i were you, is i would get a pipe made for low end or low to mid. Then get the stage 2 hotcam which is a mid to top end cam. They should compliment each other nicely so that you have power EVERYWHERE! I cant tell you how good the power is with the stage 1 but this is JMO.

GPracer2500
08-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I'd go just a little farther and go with a new piston and a stg 2 for an 05.

B450r
08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
I run the stage 2 and like it alot. what i would do if i were you, is i would get a pipe made for low end or low to mid. Then get the stage 2 hotcam which is a mid to top end cam. They should compliment each other nicely so that you have power EVERYWHERE! I cant tell you how good the power is with the stage 1 but this is JMO.

i have a pro circuit T-4 slip on and it gives it explosive bottom and mid range power......

ghott
08-31-2006, 05:49 PM

I second that motion!

Piston would definitely be the next step :)

450R_lover
08-31-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah... a piston is supposed to boost bottom to mid range hit. That would for sure help your holshot abilities. haha. But a good pipe/cam combo is the first place to start. Once you get a good combo that compliment one another, look into a piston. Ive got a JE 13:1 in my room that has been sitting there for about 6 months that i have yet to put in. When i get it in, i'll let you know how it does. :devil:

B450r
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
yeah... a piston is supposed to boost bottom to mid range hit. That would for sure help your holshot abilities. haha. But a good pipe/cam combo is the first place to start. Once you get a good combo that compliment one another, look into a piston. Ive got a JE 13:1 in my room that has been sitting there for about 6 months that i have yet to put in. When i get it in, i'll let you know how it does. :devil:

aight they'll work

predatorkick@$$
08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
I have a stage 2 for sale if interested!!

baker250r
09-01-2006, 05:25 PM

they will actually clash with each other... get the cam that fits the pipe. if u get a low end pipe, get a low end cam. and vice versa.

just remember the 2 strokes. match the porting to the pipe.

trost66
09-01-2006, 08:15 PM
If you want bottom end go with the 02 crf cam. It is all bottom. I have that and a 13-8-1 piston and just love it