PDA

View Full Version : suspension?

AtvMxRider
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
WHat is a good suspension for a 300ex? I want to use Elka shocks but am not sure about what size and kind of a-arms:confused:

300ex_#387
08-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Depends on your budget. Either way I would go with a 400ex front end. I assume its for MX right? Here are a couple choices. Find you a new or used set of 400ex +2,or +3 a arms, and run a set of since you prefer elka run them (16.5' shocks). Get you a relocator and your set. You will also need brakelines. If you want to throw some more money out there you can run a set of 400ex long travel a arms and some 19.5" elka long travel shocks with the relocator. I've heard good things about GDH I don't really see anything wrog with them. but I have never used them. You can run there a arms and a 400ex length shock without running a relocator. Would prolly be the same price as buying the 400ex a arms, but you wouldnt have to buy the relocator. Right now im running a set of PEP 400ex shocks and a relocator, and im looking for a set of 400ex +3 a arms. As for A arm brands that goes along with your budget. You get what you pay for pretty much with A arms. I would consider GDH though, it looks like a good a arm, but again I havent used them.