PDA

View Full Version : Question about clutch levers

rebelbuggy
08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
okay I have stock handle bars and set u right now with the e brake and all, I am going to buy the e brake plate so I can take the ebrake off and all, but I want to clean up my handle bars.
w/o the e brake part on there I dont need the big thick plate where the levers are..

I really want the hot start one http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=9419&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=189&navType=type

But being $52.00 I dont have the cash for it right yet.....
Mine is broke and I need a new one. but not sure what one I should buy.

My question was do they mane a assembaly that only has a spot on it for the reverse part and the clutch .?

thanks anyone who can answer.. Dont tell me to lose the reverse thats one BIG reason I got the 300 for the reverse..

bwamos
08-31-2006, 11:35 AM
You can get a lever like the ASV lever with a hotstart lever to pull the reverse cable.

Or you can just get rid of that cable all together and eliminate the reverse switch.

See this thread:http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191192

rebelbuggy
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
You can get a lever like the ASV lever with a hotstart lever to pull the reverse cable.

Or you can just get rid of that cable all together and eliminate the reverse switch.

See this thread:http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191192

Thanks .... I dont know yet.. i read that threrad not sure I like the spring idea wheree its always Able to go into reverse...

Im thinking while jumping you could accidenty hit it into reverse...
that would not be good at all

300exOH
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
Thanks .... I dont know yet.. i read that threrad not sure I like the spring idea wheree its always Able to go into reverse...

Im thinking while jumping you could accidenty hit it into reverse...
that would not be good at all

I'm the one who used the spring and I have tried to put it into reverse while moving and it will not go in gear unless you are in neutral. I have had mine like that for at least a year with no problems at all.

rebelbuggy
09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I'm the one who used the spring and I have tried to put it into reverse while moving and it will not go in gear unless you are in neutral. I have had mine like that for at least a year with no problems at all.

Oh so if your running ingear and try to pull up into reverse it just wont go.. cool Sorry i must have looked over that part.. pretty cool then..

300exOH
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
Oh so if your running ingear and try to pull up into reverse it just wont go.. cool Sorry i must have looked over that part.. pretty cool then..

Yep. I have tried several times to see if it would pop into reverse and the lever will not move unless its in neutral. Maybe if you put your full body weight into it it may go in reverse but I don't see that happening too easily. I am even using a foot shifter in place of the stock reverse lever and I still can't get it into reverse so I doubt it is even possible with the stock hand lever.

swampfoxsc
09-01-2006, 01:40 PM
What kind of cable do you need for the hotstart lever to work for the reverse mechanism?

Sjorge450R
09-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
What kind of cable do you need for the hotstart lever to work for the reverse mechanism?

just the regular 300ex reverse cable.

rebelbuggy
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
oh alright, thats good to know.... Just my light switch and kill switch is all in the way to use the hotstart lever so I dont know..