PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake on the 28th,monday

pit/wood
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
I only had her runnin for 2 days when we went up monday.

Ron,Dale and Nate the great hauled my butt up to the dunes so I could try out all the modifacations I had managed to zip tie on to my machine.

I spent alot of time just jettin around gettin used to my new found power and handling, shes tight.

I was eatin up the whoops on the drag strip and it was a little scary how fast I was going. When I rode back over my tracks and saw how deep the whoops were the hairs on my neck stood up. I saw that I was hittin the tops of the whoops and it never bucked me once. When I got to the line it looked like my rear tires didnt get into the holes fast enough so that cost me some time.

I found a small lip that looked easy enough to try out the elkas on, they worked great on the entry road and all the chop on the flats and dunes. I was leadin the pack cause they were all waitin for me to bust out,but I didnt for the most part. I was wearing riding boots for the first time and was havin troubles shifting,rear brake was great though. I hit the first time and and got a good plant but when I warmed her up the front tires started to raise up. Too much traction on landing to come down real hot and the rear shock needed less c.d., more money.

meankfx
08-31-2006, 02:59 PM
nice air joe:D

pit/wood
08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
that has got to e none other than the great Nate, meankfx yea right

meankfx
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
u know it hey thats me on the hill

pit/wood
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
you and ron were gettin alot more distance than me.
I was goin out to practice today when
I tore 2nd gear out of my machine,parts will be here saturday. Cost 23 bucks to get them here 2nd day

Chino886
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm glad that you at least liked the Elkas.......you seem to hate me for the a-arms! I forgot to tell you the sticker was on the backside!

I hope we are still cool! :p

pit/wood
09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Chino, Buddy, I bear you no malice. I make my decisions and live with the results. Its the same when I ride.

Even though I found a new set of the same for less, the package took forever to get here,then it was missing a tie-rod, The bushings were worn out, they needed new balljoints and the stickers being on backwards contributed to me rolling her 30' down the sand hill, You can ride here anytime.

I dont just pay lip service to the saying "live to ride,ride to live" it is my reality, its is what I live to do and it is what keeps me going. This is not an attitude I immulate because it sounds cool or tough or hard-core. I am way to old to be screwin around with half-efforts when it comes to my ridin. Many will say "yea right, he's full of crap", to those I say" nut up or shut up". Come and meet me and my ridin buddies,hit my dirt, ask those who have ridin with me and taken the time to get to know me. You will find thier names in this thread and I dont think any of them would mind a p.m. asking about me.

When Jessie over-shot the 43' tt and hit at 65' or so, I took him to get sewed up. I called his buddies and told them to grab the set of new take-off bars from my shelf and get them on Jessies ride so when he got back he could hit it with out havin to fix his ride first. I had never meet him or jsmith and his buds before. Thats just the way I am , its all about ridin around here and in my heart.

So load your machine on your trailer and get that slow-poke 450r up here and let me show you what an old man can do when he takes his medicine on a regular basis (keeps ridin).

p.s. bring any spare 400 ex parts you may have laying around, I have this other frame laying there and I realy dont like the look of that oil tank that blocks all the air from gettin to your engine case, I think the oil should be in the frame myself.

Chino886
09-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Hey Joe,

I know you are not full of it! I want to come up badly to show you how slow I really am, but I can not find a chance to break away for a 20 hr round trip up there to ride.

I am glad you are riding! Let me know what parts you need for that frame, I may be able to help you out with some parts!