PDA

View Full Version : clutch adjustment

Killakawi
08-30-2006, 10:57 PM
need some help with clutch adjustment on my 04 kfx400, the clutch handle is almost all the way out when the clutch engauges, is there an adjustment??? i was told to move the lever on the motor side of the cable between the motor and the cable??? if so which direction??? i always get confused which way to do it, im guessing more toward the direction of movement, sound correct??? any and all help will be muchly appreciated
thanks

jonboy
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not following what who-ever told you to do, but there is an adjustment knob and lockring on the clutch handle perch but, that is typically to adjust for cable stretch and handle play. Is it real tight? It may be time to replace your clutch from the way it sounds or the springs could be losing pressure. Its hard to determine without the bike in front of me.

Killakawi
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Im talking about what the clutch cable connects to on the motor end. When a clutch wears, the engaugement spot get further down the clutch lever, the same as a car, and there is an adjustment to bring it back up to the top of the lever. I know what your are talkin about, there is also another adjustment for cable stretch about 6 inches down the cable.

jonboy
09-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Not that I am aware of. :( I know that most auto clutches have an adjustmunt screw on the clutch but, I havent seen a manual clutch with one

abuckley1290
09-14-2006, 04:07 PM
look on the clutch cable 6" down like killakawi said...its covered with black cover things, just slide them down and you'l see the adjustment