PDA

View Full Version : outwears

04exrdr
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
is the outwears prefilter that important....my quad for sumreason seems to run way better with out it

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 10:21 PM
It really helps if you ride in dusty, sandy conditions. If you run without a airbox lid then I would use one.

rooster300ex
08-31-2006, 02:21 PM
I have rode my quad without a lid & without an outerwear. I've also rode with no lid, i had an outerwear on, and an outerwear airbox cover and both ways my quad ran the same in performance. I don't think outerwears let less air through your filter. If it does its not much.

Caseys 300ex
08-31-2006, 02:42 PM
If ur running without an airbox i would deffinatly use one. They help get dust and water from entering your carb.

04exrdr
08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
alrite...i think it wasnt because of the outwears.....i checked the plug and my quad is runnin rich....is ther ne way 2 make it burn more gas w.o havin 2 play with the carb...haha cuz i dont kno literally any thing about that.....i hav a full system, dyno jet kit, knn filter the outwears and the lid removed

04TRX400EX
09-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Outerwears don't restrict airflow, they just help clean the air. I run a K&N on my 400EX with an Outerwears just because the K&N's seem to attract more dust and dirt and the prefilter helps prolong the intervals between cleaning the filter. I definitely recommend it if you are running no air box lid. It is a cheap part that will save a lot of dust and even water from getting into the air filter and possibly beyond.