PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Riding areas

MadMan400ex
08-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Hey, anyone know of a good riding area in Indiana or Eastern Illinois? I religiously ride the Badlands every three weeks or so and my buddies and I are looking for another kick *** ride. Preferably fast trails. Camping area is also a plus.

08-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Do ya like ridin on MX tracks????

MadMan400ex
08-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Sure, I'll ride MX tracks. I've only rode on one once (Casey, IL). Where is the track and when can you practice ride. Any cost?

ranger400ex
08-28-2002, 12:44 PM
1)Haspin Acres-Laurel, Indiana
2)Lawrence County Offraod- Bloomington
3)Red Bud (Soon to open)-Sullivan
4)INDY MX (Marion County)-Indianapolis IN (Big MX track, lots of races, AMA and non AMA, open two days a week for practice)
5)Rider's M/C -Ligonier (Just south of Elkhart)
6)Badlands-Attica
7) Beaver's-Noblesville, IN

Contact me if you are interested in getting together to ride. I race as many local races as the lady allows, and try to trail ride quite a bit for practice. (Will be a t the Millfield, OH GNCC next weekend, and going to ride and hangout at Lawrence County OR this labor day weekend for a day or so, let me know if you wanna go. Bout 6 of us going so far)

BMW

ben.wrightsman@divsys.com

08-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MadMan400ex
Sure, I'll ride MX tracks. I've only rode on one once (Casey, IL). Where is the track and when can you practice ride. Any cost?

Here's the link to the webpage of a track near santa clause land, IN...southern part of IN. I"m goin there saturday morning...$15 to ride all day and it's a wide, large, fast track,,no big techinical jumps..

http://www.motorheadpark.com/index.html

Sparky416ex
09-03-2002, 08:58 PM
Hey i would love to get together and ride i live in greenwood....what is beavers? we go to lawrence rec. all the time email me sparky416ex@hotmail.com

NewRider
09-08-2002, 12:30 AM
ranger400ex,

Where exactly is the Red Bud supposed to be in Sullivan? I live just out of town and hadnt heard anything about it.. :confused:
Just to make sure, you arent referring to the portion of Red Bird area in Dugger that is supposed to be getting renovated are you?
More info please :)

Sincerely,

NewRider

MadMan400ex
09-08-2002, 01:20 AM
The Redbird area in Dugger is not a bad place to ride, but it is nowhere near as good as the people in the area make it out to be. Very little parking area and well patrolled by DNR. That's because over half of the old mining area is closed off for reclamation. It's is, though, worth riding once. All the trails split frequently into two parallel paths. Bottomless mud or extremely slick up and down hills. I don't recommend going there after any rainfall.

cliq20
07-01-2003, 04:43 AM
if you go to LCRP you might come out and ride our place. all trails no MX. about 14 miles worth. always looking for more riders to go with. redbird is closed until further notice also...

jcsact
07-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by cliq20
redbird is closed until further notice also...

Why?? Did something happen?

cliq20
07-01-2003, 07:09 AM
no they have to build some parking lots and facilities. go to www.redbirdsra.com

marksuttonjr
07-01-2003, 11:36 AM
I have not ridden at The Badlands, or Redbird yet, but I do plan on checking them out sometime this summer. I do not like race tracks. Lawrence County sucks. Haspin would not be too bad if it weren't so muddy (when I was there everything was 6" deep mud).
If you realy want some good riding go to LBL in Southern Kentucky. It is well worth the drive.

Jennys440'Dale
07-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by marksuttonjr
I have not ridden at The Badlands, or Redbird yet, but I do plan on checking them out sometime this summer. I do not like race tracks. Lawrence County sucks. Haspin would not be too bad if it weren't so muddy (when I was there everything was 6" deep mud).
If you realy want some good riding go to LBL in Southern Kentucky. It is well worth the drive.

Muddy at Haspin, huh? We were there last weekend and we had a hard time getting through all the dust. :rolleyes: Whne did you go to Haspin? Try it in the summer. Not too much mud, unless you go looking for it.

marksuttonjr
07-02-2003, 03:32 AM
I went to Haspin in March. The entire place was 6" deep mud the first 2 days of our 3 day trip. We couldn't even find a good place to camp because of all the mud. The 3rd day was OK, but I was tired of riding by then because I was on my Rancher and did nothing but pull and push quads for the first 2 days. There was even a few inches if mud in the shower house. The people running that place need to do a lot better job if they expect people to pay $15 per. day.
I did figure that with as muddy as it was then it was way too dusty now. I would say that if it rained an inch or so to settle the dust it might be good riding now, but I could be wrong.

mx400
07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
i like riding at haspin acres. lots of fun things to do there. badlands sand dunes are awesome. they have some neet trails but me and my dad dont like it too much right now because he broke his foot on one of the trails. we get to stay free though when we come back. haspin acres has alot of mud pits.

Sparky416ex
07-07-2003, 04:05 PM
both the tracks at haspin are awesome.....badlands just opened up a new camp site...it looks very nice!

mx400
07-07-2003, 04:18 PM
there campsite is nice. haspins tracks are badass. also the drag strip is pretty nice. i like the mx track by the end of the drag strip the best. the other mx track is nice but feels more like a supercross track

jesshamner
07-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Haspin is good b/c there is a variety of things to do. If you are into mx, there are 2 tracks, there are trails, drag racing. It is all there. There are a few decent hills. I just like the idea of going into the trails to ride in the shade after a few hot laps on the mx track. The downside is that it is either really dusty or really muddy and that they allow trucks, jeeps, and buggys. I don't mind them but some of the trails are really rutted out. It is easy to ride around them though.