PDA

View Full Version : relocate key and lights

AtvMxRider
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Were do you guys put the key and nuetral and reverse lights when you remove the handle bar cover and headlight? Do they make a bar clamp that you can mount them in?

300ex_#387
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Most people drill a hole in the plastics and the key will clip in. I just drilled a smaller hole and filed it out. For the lights I drilled 2 smaller holes and pushed them in. it's not very hard. Here is a pic where My key is. You can see it under the handlebars.

AtvMxRider
08-30-2006, 04:42 PM
thats where I thought of putting the key. Where did you mount the lights?

300ex_#387
08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
thats where I thought of putting the key. Where did you mount the lights?

Not the best picture, but here is where I had mine mounted on my old plastics. Try and mount them where you can just kind of look over the handle bars to see if the light is on. What I did was drill a small hole and took a round file and filed it out. The rubber has a little lip on it that keeps them from falling out.

300ex_#387
08-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Also while your messing with the wires and taking off the lights. Go ahead and get rid of the black box. We wired in a dirtbike killswitch as our starter. It works great and saves a lot of room if you want to run an aftermarket clutch perch. If you run an aftermkarket perch and lever your going to have to take off the reverse cable and wire it as if it was engaged. It will work fine the only thing you have to do it put it in nuetral and pull up on the lever. Just trying to give you some ideas I know you will prolly be making it MX ready. Lemme know if you need to know anything else.

Sjorge450R
08-30-2006, 07:41 PM
heres my starter