PDA

View Full Version : LSR +4 finally installed

rockman
08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Well I finally got my axle and installed it yesterday. It really made a difference in the handling. It makes the quad feel a whole lot better. Here are some pics so you can see the difference. Lol one of my friends' comment was "the difference is night and day" thats kinda corny considering the pics i know. Let me know what you guys think.

http://crazyass.net/~patrick/Axle1.jpg http://crazyass.net/~patrick/Axle2.jpg

rockman
08-30-2006, 03:35 PM
wow they are alot bigger than i expected i'll edit them down

yellowzo3
08-30-2006, 03:49 PM
hey, how hard was the install? im going to be doing the same thing soon. looks great by the way!

rockman
08-30-2006, 04:35 PM
well the hardest part was modifying the brake-side axle nut. I found that the 05 ltz stock nut doesn't have threads all the way through, it wouldn't thread all the way onto the axle. All i did was cut the part that was still solid off with a chop saw. I know its kinda ghetto but hey it works perfect.

drzoo2
08-30-2006, 06:54 PM
I had to cut both cap off the 2 axle nuts. It depends on how old the LSR stock is. The newer stock has the threads setup so you won't need to cut. I used a power hacksaw and a vice for a guide.

jonboy
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey Rockman it looks really good. Almost make the fenders pointless, huh? LOL;)

dodgepower
08-31-2006, 04:42 AM
Looks good.

I just got mine back cause they sent me the wrong one but looks like this one will work

rockman
08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Hey Rockman it looks really good. Almost make the fenders pointless, huh? LOL;)

Lol yeah. You can't really see from the back, but from the front you can see that the fenders only cover about 1/4 of the tire now.

rockman
08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
so today i went to ThunderHill to test out my new axle. Wow it corners like crazy now. Went with gabe who has a yfz and I had him in all the corners. Oh that reminds me i met the new owner of Thunderhill today, his name is Bob. He's a cool guy, anyway i'll post that crap elsewhere. Just thought i'd let ya guys know that the axle makes a huge difference, so if you are thinking about getting one what are you waiting for.

kawi_kfx13
09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
hey ilove the quad and that axle...just one question was that taillight stock or after market cuz im tryin to find won like that 4 my kfx!

rockman
09-01-2006, 04:43 PM
its aftermarket. I broke mine coming down hard one time so i picked this one up off ebay. Its awesome, the thing is probably every bit of 10 times brighter than stock. Only drawback is its only 1 stage. So i have it hooked up as a tailight, i have no brakelight.

drzoo2
09-01-2006, 08:31 PM
About your tail light........
since it's super bright hook your brake light direct. Put a power resistor in series with your tail light. This will dim it slightly depending on what size resistor you use. When you use the brake it will by pass the resistor and give you full output. Just need to find a good power resitsor. Is there a watt rating on the light?

z

rockman
09-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by drzoo2
About your tail light........
since it's super bright hook your brake light direct. Put a power resistor in series with your tail light. This will dim it slightly depending on what size resistor you use. When you use the brake it will by pass the resistor and give you full output. Just need to find a good power resitsor. Is there a watt rating on the light?

z

Hell i don't know. All i really needed it for was the dunes anyway. Call me lazy but that sounds like alot more work than i'm willing to do for a brake light. I'll get some pics to show you guys how bright this thing is.

didn't mean to sound crabby or anything, been a long day. I'll have to check into what it would take to make it work.