PDA

View Full Version : turning in a wheelie

macg1
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
i can wheelie pretty far now... but whenever i wheelie i go to one side of the road for somereason.. probably my tires... but i was just wondering how to turn your quad a bit while your in a wheelie .
thx

08-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by macg1
i can wheelie pretty far now... but whenever i wheelie i go to one side of the road for somereason.. probably my tires... but i was just wondering how to turn your quad a bit while your in a wheelie .
thx

you can kinda jerk to one side to make it turn

jd450
08-30-2006, 04:01 PM
the lower your tire pressure......the more it will turn. but you simply lean to the side in the direction you want the quad to turn.

rlplive
08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Ya just lean like a sum***** to the side you wanna turn to.

macg1
08-30-2006, 08:19 PM
ive always done the opposite side.. i guess if u put more weight on one wheel the other one would turn... makes sense

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 08:23 PM
If you are running 5th gear you can stick your leg out and it will pull you over.

08-31-2006, 05:10 AM
ive always done the opposite side.. i guess if u put more weight on one wheel the other one would turn... makes sense

yea you go to the opposite side you want to turn

gbcap
08-31-2006, 06:20 AM
well if your on a road...most roads are cantered to the side for water run off, that might be making you go to the side!

jd450
08-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
yea you go to the opposite side you want to turn

if you want the quad to turn to the left while you are wheeling.....you lean and put your weight on the left rear tire........? putting your weight on that tire will ''squish'' it and flatten it out more, turning the quad to the left. if you want to turn left and you lean to the right, your going to go right!

rlplive
08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by jd450
if you want the quad to turn to the left while you are wheeling.....you lean and put your weight on the left rear tire........? putting your weight on that tire will ''squish'' it and flatten it out more, turning the quad to the left. if you want to turn left and you lean to the right, your going to go right!
Exactly man, I was like how the hell does leanin right make you go left, it's not a jet haha. How's the arm man?

08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
Exactly man, I was like how the hell does leanin right make you go left, it's not a jet haha. How's the arm man?

no you jerk the handle bars to the left to make it go right

macg1
08-31-2006, 11:24 AM
lol... in a wheelie your front tires r up therefor not doing anything u turn them... lol

anyway... if i wanna go left.. lean left.. and if i wanna go right... lean rite?

08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
lol... in a wheelie your front tires r up therefor not doing anything u turn them... lol

anyway... if i wanna go left.. lean left.. and if i wanna go right... lean rite?

go try that and see if it works

because it doesnt

jd450
08-31-2006, 02:02 PM
hahaha dude how does it NOT work to lean in the direction you want to go?!?!?!?!?! turning the bars doesnt work. aim your quad at a fixed object for me please.....get up to speed and for the FIRST try, lean to one side of the quad to avoid the object (i say do my test first because i am POSITIVE you wont hit the fixed object, lol) now for your second test (After you've avoided that fixed object from taking my advice) try your way and see what happens. i bet the ''fixed object'' doesnt budge once you hit it!

do you run around w/ your tires hard as a rock? the less air you have in your tires, the more of a turn the quad will make. if your tires are solid as a brick, you arent going to notice much of a turn.

IF MY QUAD WAS WORKING PROPERLY I'D TAKE VIDEO PROOF.

and thanks rlplive, my arm is doing ok, still kinda sore. healing up pretty nice though

rlplive
08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
hahaha dude how does it NOT work to lean in the direction you want to go?!?!?!?!?! turning the bars doesnt work. aim your quad at a fixed object for me please.....get up to speed and for the FIRST try, lean to one side of the quad to avoid the object (i say do my test first because i am POSITIVE you wont hit the fixed object, lol) now for your second test (After you've avoided that fixed object from taking my advice) try your way and see what happens. i bet the ''fixed object'' doesnt budge once you hit it!

do you run around w/ your tires hard as a rock? the less air you have in your tires, the more of a turn the quad will make. if your tires are solid as a brick, you arent going to notice much of a turn.

and thanks rlplive, my arm is doing ok, still kinda sore. healing up pretty nice though
I know man I have been doin wheelies on sportbikes for ages and doin them on atv's for a while and this trick has always helped me. Wanna go that way lean that way lol

hondajoe05
08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If you are running 5th gear you can stick your leg out and it will pull you over.

thats not true for me... i can ride one handed one footed wheelies straight as hellwith arm and leg hanging off to the side and i got a fatass leg

08-31-2006, 05:50 PM

i never said "LEAN" or "TURN THE BARS"

i said if you going right and you need to turn left you jerk to the right by pulling on the bars and shifting your weight. what it does is lets the left tire lose traction and the right one grip so it turns to the left

ive been doing this for about 3 years

macg1
08-31-2006, 07:33 PM
to end all this fighting.. i see how jerking the bars would turn it.. but i no leaning to one side would definately be easier for me.. since im little...
keep opinions comin

frickle400ex
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
yeah the roads are crowned witch is centered yeah but i was wheeling yester day on the road and i was goin over a hill and i stared goin to the right so i started rele leaned to the left and it straightened out i dont know how i did it but i was kool lol yeah i think leanin is the trick ..i was haven problems with the driften over too so i asked my dad and he told me it was the road, i thought it was the tire pressure..yeah so try that.

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by hondajoe05
thats not true for me... i can ride one handed one footed wheelies straight as hellwith arm and leg hanging off to the side and i got a fatass leg

Thats how my friend turns. He is going 5th gear just about pinned on his 450 and he sticks out his legg. It isn't a suddle turn but it helps. Also turning the handle does help a little. Stick out your leg turn the bars and you can turn somewhat good.

macg1
09-01-2006, 10:05 AM
im goin ridin today.. im gonna try leanin.. ill tell u guys how it works when im baq

macg1
09-01-2006, 06:32 PM
tried it... didnt work so good
ii guess i didnt lean enough... idk ill keep trying.. lady called the cops on us.. got our names taken down and all.. dont worry apologized to the lady... ill keep trying.. anymore tips?

bigj250
09-01-2006, 09:02 PM
ok man you frist ride up and down the road and get a feel for it and the road 2 see if theres any slopes and if that doesnt work do it with 2 pepole with helmets its better u got more weight how much u weight man u gotta be light then:devil:

macg1
09-01-2006, 09:34 PM
like a hundred ten... i really wanna learn how to do this.. so i can wheelie to full potential.. idk wat im doing rong... wat r some common problems?

400eXr1d3rZ
09-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
go try that and see if it works

because it doesnt

Yes it does. When I want to turn, I jerk my quad to the right, and it makes me turn to the right. Left, i go left. Leaning doesn't work for me.

jd450
09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
tried it... didnt work so good
ii guess i didnt lean enough... idk ill keep trying.. lady called the cops on us.. got our names taken down and all.. dont worry apologized to the lady... ill keep trying.. anymore tips?

well, like i said before....your tire pressure plays a big part aswell. the less air you have, the more drastic of a turn you will make, more noticable. also, my road is crowned aswell, and i notice that it STILL will not turn if im trying to go ''up the crown'', and i KNOW how to turn the quad, but it wont go up. so what you may want to do is find some flat land to do this on. seriously though, its so simple dude. you want to turn left, LEAN LEFT. are you doing this sitting down or foot in bar? its easier to learn it doing a foot in bar. i put my left foot in the bar and keep my right over the brake. keep practicing, and like i said.......the crown in your road may be your problem too. and try foot in bar if you arent already.

macg1
09-02-2006, 09:16 AM
yea i accually practiced with one foot in the bar and diid it.. but i wanted to learn how to do it sitting.. i let out alot of air from my tires before riding too. im gonna try to find some flat land to practice on.. im gonna get it down good with the foot in the grabar and then im gonna do it sittin down.... keeeeeeppppp posssstttinnn

09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Yes it does. When I want to turn, I jerk my quad to the right, and it makes me turn to the right. Left, i go left. Leaning doesn't work for me.

lmao

i said leaning doesnt work

and i said "jerk it to the left to turn right" and "jerk to the right to turn left"

if you jerk to the left it takes weight off the right tire and puts the weight to the left tire making it TURN RIGHT!

jd450
09-02-2006, 03:46 PM
*shakes head and sighs*

bigj250
09-02-2006, 09:42 PM
some of the problems are the street is not leveled out or your tire pressure is 2 high or u r 2 skinny and that will not help in turning on wheelies i think thats why u dont turn on them or u r not trying hard enough i do it on my 250ex just fine i weigh 168

macg1
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
lean to the side uw anna turn... it sounds soo easy.. but i couldnt do it sitting.. im gonna get it down perfect with the foot in the grab bar and then try sitting again.. good idea?

jd450
09-03-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah foot in bar is really easy. sitting.....just slide your *** over as far as you can to the side you want to turn, and lean as much as you possibly can to that side

macg1
09-03-2006, 07:07 PM
yea im gonna get it down like that and then try it sitting down