PDA

View Full Version : Honda Foreman 400

Lex77
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I know this site is primarily racing but I need help on how to lift my 1995 Honda Foreman 400. Since it is an older model the ground clearance is not good and wanted to know what y'all recommend. I know I will have to go to new rims and all but what is a good all around kit to do this. I'm not racing this bike but I'm using this for hunting rocky hillsides as well as muddy duck hunting rice fields. Thanks for any help in advance.

red2004 TRX450R
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
welcome to atvriders!
you could just run a taller tire. you really don't need to change your rims. to minimize side wall roll get tires with stiff side walls ( ie 6 ply) or you could get bigger rims to make the side walls shorter. but if you are just hunting and stuff high speed corning is not a top priority.

they may also make a lift kit for you quad !

I suggest getting maxxis Bighorn Radials, the radial design will help with handling and they are real puncture resistant. but the bigest size is 27in.

remember the bigger the tire the less low end power you will have!

400exrider707
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
go to www.highlifter.com and you have everything you could possibly want at your fingertips.;)

gimp419
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Both Moose and High Lifter make lift kits for your bike. The Moose kit is $98 and the High Lifter retails for $115, both should give you anywhere between 1 and 2 inches of lift that you may or may not need to run bigger tires. You can probably run 26s without the lift but 27s are gonna have to have a lift to fit.

ZSNOW
08-31-2006, 11:00 AM
can never go wrong with high lifter my dads rincon has a i think 2in lift from high lifter....and some bearklaws or mudlites would do the trick in the mud