PDA

View Full Version : New Independent Rear Suspension Kit

450Rfutureracer
08-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Has anyone tried the new Sonic independent rear suspension kit yet?

450Rfutureracer
08-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried or knows anyone who has tried the new independent rear suspension kit by SONIC OFFROAD. WWW.SONICOFFROAD.COM How good is the kit?

Chino886
08-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, I am guessing it is just like the Polaris Outlaw, the one that Matt Smiley rode in the first few GNCC races.

I think it would work in certain situations, but would suck in others......just my 2 pesos!

400exrider707
08-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Looks pretty sweet, but for MX I would rather have the straight axle for sliding around corners. Independent doesn't allow that so much.

Prey
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
they have tested racing both pro-am MX and XC with fairly good results

TMSmx47
08-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Its hard to say.. I raced against both the 450r and LT-R they have. Its so weird to look at in person. It looks really really heavy but it didnt matter cuz they both ran 2 different classes and both smoked everybody. The LT-R had a few probs in moto 2 throwin the chain every lap. 450r did awesome. Also raced them in a misarable mud race. Worked really really well in that race too! Not worth the $3500 they want IMO. But whats neat is when I talked to them about it, they said if anyone is kinda sketched out about it, before you buy it, they let you ride one of their bikes with it on their test track. They said it sells itself so.. If you got the $$$ then go test one out to see for yourself..lol! Im a conventinal kinda guy myself though!

eastside 400
08-30-2006, 06:34 PM
who tested it in Pro-Am MX?? the company is based around my area and they have 1 racer in my district testing it, i followed him for a while on the track and it had body roll and didnt really seem to even out the jumps the greatest but they had the air shocks pumped all the way up to the point where they barely compressed

Prey
08-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by eastside 400
who tested it in Pro-Am MX?? the company is based around my area and they have 1 racer in my district testing it, i followed him for a while on the track and it had body roll and didnt really seem to even out the jumps the greatest but they had the air shocks pumped all the way up to the point where they barely compressed

they have 2 racers, 1 guy raced it MX(Idont know his name) and stef verkades brother races it in XC

or at least that had 2 racers for it in the beggining of august