PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Carrier and Axle HELP!!

justasailor
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I was out four wheeling and got some major air off of a jump and I bent my axle on the landing and crack my bearing carrier in half. I took everything apart and bought a new axle plus a new RAD bearing carrier. I need help because the bearings are already in the bearing carrier and I need to get them out so I can pack them with grease. I would like to know what is the easiest way to get the bearings out. Can you please also tell me how much everything has to be torqued down to. Thanks for the help.

gbcap
08-30-2006, 11:55 AM
they should be pre packed...is there a grease fitting on the outside of the carrier? once it is installed hit that with some grease.

you can use a socket about the same size of the bearing to get them out easier. just put it on the race and hit it with a dead blow hammer.

put the carrier in the freezer to make the bearings colder. it will make them shrink and ocme out of the carrier easier. do that for putting them back in.

08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
they should be pre packed...is there a grease fitting on the outside of the carrier? once it is installed hit that with some grease.

you can use a socket about the same size of the bearing to get them out easier. just put it on the race and hit it with a dead blow hammer.

put the carrier in the freezer to make the bearings colder. it will make them shrink and ocme out of the carrier easier. do that for putting them back in.

The picture on ebay shows that there is a grease zirk right on top of the carrier.