PDA

View Full Version : front end ?

ride300exrider
08-30-2006, 09:58 AM
hey guys i have a 06 450r with the hrc kit and carbon pro slip-on. i have been saving money for a front end and dont want to spend to much, but still wanna spen enought to get a good mx front end. i dont race for a living or nothing so it doesnt have to be the top of the line, but it needs to be better then stock. im looking to go wider but dont know if i need long travle or not because i was thinking of just having the stoch shocks rebuilt to save some money. will a rebuilt stock shock be as good as a aftermarket non-longtravel shock?
also is the ishock kits anygood?

anyway just looking for some ideas thanks guys

ride300exrider
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
also is their a better pipe to run with the hrc kit then a white brothers carbon pro?

ckasper18
08-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Long travel a arms will require longer shocks.Houser makes plus 2 standard travel some where in the 7 or 8 hundred dollar range.Derisi rebuilds work very well Rossier pipes are good pipes .

400exrider707
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
You can get extended arms for as little as $350 on ebay for new stuff, although I would probably not buy it myself. From what you've said you dont need long travel, and I doubt that you know how to tune it properly (no offense) 75% of the people who have long travel dont know either. I would do the rebuilds like you suggested as they are very inexpensive way to have a great ride, also do something with the rear end too. I would go GT Thunder for the rear shock revalve and linkage. Front end get +2 arms and have your stock fronts revalved and sprung to match. You will be very pleased. You can go to C&D racing, Derisi, GT Thunder, those are some of the top ones.

tltcracing
08-30-2006, 03:29 PM
the stock shocks revalved are nearly identical to aftemarket stadard travel. i would say go with houser. they make awsome stuff that lasts and then get revalved shocks to match. the carbon pro is awsome. i have the full aluminum one w/ the HRC and i dont think it can get much better. for the front end i think you could easly keep it under a 1000, proly down around 800.

ride300exrider
08-31-2006, 10:17 AM
whats the difference in all the different shock rebuilds?
is one place offer a different style rebuild or do u get the same thing everywhere?

and does anyone have a thought for the rear end?

czrider263
08-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Did someone say rossier :D