PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question

ImplodedMindZ
08-30-2006, 05:54 AM
I posted this in the Powertrain forum but got no responce so i thought i would try here. OK i will be gettin my quad back from the shop doin my 416 kit and cam in a few days and im tryin to decide what full exhaust to get. Im kinda stuck between a yoshimura or savin more and gettin a sparks.
Now my real questions are to come. I do mostly trail rideing, drag race friends, and also mess around jumpin too. Now im gettin a stage II hotcam that gives mostly top end power, so i will be lacking bottom end. Iv read that a yosh exhaust is better for bottom end so would that pipe better balance me out power wise and would it also hurt me in my top end b/c of the more back pressure created . What would happen if i ended up gettin a sparks? I dont know if i want something that loud though. Just tryin to get a good idea. thanks for any help.

PismoLocal
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Sparks is a tad bit loud for trail riding I think you would have problems with rangers.

ImplodedMindZ
08-30-2006, 01:58 PM
So if i dont get a sparks are there any more other good power adder exhaust options besides the Yosh?

PismoLocal
08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Yep. the difference between a curtis sparks full system and say a yoshi, hmf, white brothers, or LRD is minimal as far as power goes. I could barely tell the difference between a curtis sparks pipe and a whitebrothers pipe. The white brothers just had more grunt on the bottom and less up top .

ImplodedMindZ
08-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Have any of u ever heard of an uptite racing exhaust i found it on ebay, item number 320020927345. If u know anything about it speak up.

krt400ex
08-30-2006, 04:40 PM
the yosh pipe will help to balance out the power with the stage 2 cam. the sparks pipe is mostly mid and top. u will notice a decrease in bottom end with that pipe. for the money spent, the yosh is a much better value