PDA

View Full Version : California Racing Leagues?

08-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Hey there

I'm located in Turlock, Ca and I was interested in joining up with some racing leagues but I'm not too informed as to what is available around the area.

I ride an '06 honda trx450er (should've got a kicker)

I'm a huge fan of Desert/SCORE baja1000, but living in the central valley the nearest deserts are rather far. The mountains seem to be closer good for some XC I'm sure. I'm not really into the mx thing, but its nice. I'd really like to get into anything really.

The closest racing league that I found was VORRA located in the Sacramento area which is about 90miles north of here on highway 99.

I'm not afraid to drive I just want to know if there is any leagues closer to my area rather then having to go Way north or way south where all the good stuff is.

If you check mapquest or yahoo maps it'll give you a better idea where I'm located.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PismoLocal
08-30-2006, 12:02 PM
I lived in turlock a couple years ago (went to Stan State for my first year of college 04/05) I couldn't find any local racing at all around that area.

09-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Unfortunatly I've been noticing that more and more myself. I know there's a ton of locals that race mx around here, but I don't know any of them.

There has to be something around here. I've lived in this area for my whole life (i'm 20) and it isn't possible that there isnt anything.

I see a move down south or up north in the near future more then likely. Probably right after I fix my house and rent it out I'll have to think about it.

shikwann
09-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey I live in Madera, CA!!!! well it is kind of far but.... Yeah as far as riding goes your right. Scott Woodhouse from Western ATV promotions is trying to open up some of the mx tracks from what Ive heard. Madera's little Oakie has practice on tuesdays nights but not enough quads show on that day to practice. the cma would have a quad race but theres always not enough quads to race a full race:(