PDA

View Full Version : Jetting problems again

pharit
08-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Ok guys here's the deal back when i put the top end together on my bike everything was cool.

put it together fine and everything went as planned. And i put some 91 octance in it with some premix and i could get it to fire and some what run. 52 pilot jet, 185 main and middle clip needle

Ok no big deal i'll just get some race gas later on mix it the same and i should be good to go.

i get some race gas mix it 32:1 and now i've been trying different jets and everything and nothing is working.

155 mains to 190 and nothing works. It will not fire with the 110.

Now why would it run with the 91 instead of the 110?

anyone got any idea's to what the **** i'm doin wrong

250R-Dee
08-29-2006, 10:39 PM
The main jet has absolutley nothing to do with starting the motor. Idle screw, air screw, pilot jet and float level will be your main points of interest on the carb when trying to start the motor.

How's your electrical system?
Weak spark?
Check the ground!!

pharit
08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
i got nice fat blue spark when i ground it to the outside of the cylinder, i hope its doin the same inside....

but when i pull the plug its all wet from fuel i think i may need to lean it out some.....

i'll go over my electrical again though

250R-Dee
08-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Try a 50 pilot just to see if it will start.

Is your float adjusted correctly?

pharit
08-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
Try a 50 pilot just to see if it will start.

Is your float adjusted correctly?

never adjusted it but i'll take a look to see how to do it today

C-LEIGH RACING
08-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Engine is flooded, gas mix puddled in the crankcase.
Take the sparkplug out, sit it in a vice upside down, heat it with a propane torch, get some thick gloves & put the plug back in the engine right quick & try cranking it wide open throttle with the petcock turned off & NO choke. You might have to do that a few times to clear the engine out. Dont forget that you turned the petcock off.
Neil