PDA

View Full Version : Need suspension help fast!

Fred55
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I have a stock rear shock on m YFZ but it was redone by GT thunder with their linkage...it worked great for almost two months.....as I was unloading my quad out of the truck last weekend I noticed my rear end make a bad clank when the shock went fully extended....I was also able to make the noise extending the rear shock by pulling up on the grab bar. I send the shock to GT thunder and they said it checked out on the dynometer for the shocks and the the insides all looked good. He said to check my linkage bearings as one of them may be worn and causing it to be loose. Tonight I took the linkage apart and checked them all....and to me they all seemed to be tight. Is there anything I may be missing? and I how am I supposed to properly check the linkage bearings? Thanks!

Scro
08-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Is the preload backed all the way off? It may be that you don't have enough tension on the spring and when it is fully extended, it isn't being held in place by the preload adjuster causing it to hit against something?:confused: I don't know, just me thinking.

Fred55
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
yes there was enough pressure on the spring

bradley300
08-30-2006, 05:04 AM
that would be the first thing i thought of also

how is the chain tension? if its loose, it may be hitting the swingarm, or maybe the rear bearings are going and your hearing the chain pull the axle and hit the bearings. there are a few small things it could be

gimp419
08-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Also check your subframe bolts. Sometimes when the sub gets a little play in it when you pick up the rear end it will feel like the shock or linkage. Just a thought.

Fred55
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
The subframe bolts are all tight....hopefully when I get the shock back from GT Thunder, there wont be a problem...i just put more grease in the bearings, hopefully taking it all apart and putting it back together will have maybe fixed the problem.