PDA

View Full Version : Fan Problems

team_450_88
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Ive had probs with my bike overheatin... The fan isnt coming on!! I just got the bike so I dont kno what all wires he had cut but the wire that runs from the fan is plugged up 4 sure..Do you have to have ur key/ingition still hooked up and turned on in order for the fan to work? What a easy way to check and see if the fan is working? Or how do you go about hooking the fan up right? Thanks!!

08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
To check the fan motor all you have to do is ground the wire that is plugged into the fan switch in the thermostat housing. When the quad is running if you ground that wire the fan will come on.

If you don't have a key switch the fan or the lights won't work unless you slice somew wires together. There are 4 wires coming off of the key switch. Red, green, black and black with a white stripe. You need to hook the red and black wires together. That will make you fan and lights work. The other 2 wires can be hooked to a kill switch.

team_450_88
08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
To check the fan motor all you have to do is ground the wire that is plugged into the fan switch in the thermostat housing. When the quad is running if you ground that wire the fan will come on.

If you don't have a key switch the fan or the lights won't work unless you slice somew wires together. There are 4 wires coming off of the key switch. Red, green, black and black with a white stripe. You need to hook the red and black wires together. That will make you fan and lights work. The other 2 wires can be hooked to a kill switch.

Thanks Ill try this!!

tltcracing
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
how do you rig it so it runs all the time.

08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
how do you rig it so it runs all the time.

All you have to do is ground the wire that goes to the temp switch in the thermostat housing. I did mine like this.

I took a piece of wire a few inches long and put a ring type/eyelet teminal on one end and I put a male spade on the other end. I took the bolt out where the coil is grounded and put the ring terminal on it and bolted it back down. Then all you have to do is unplug the wire to the fan switch and plug it into the harness you just made. Now the fan will run all the time. If you want to switch it back just unplug it from the harness and plug it back into the switch.

08-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
Thanks Ill try this!!

Your welcome.