PDA

View Full Version : Performance or Looks?

chico_2007
08-29-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm wondering what should I do next to my stock z400. First should I go with a performance upgrade or looks upgrade. And which ever you choose can you give me ideas?

IrideMHSC
08-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Well i would definately go with performance... whats eye candy when you cant back it up with some good ole fashion power.... I would go with a rev box or pipe... that would be my first mods... then cams and such... then after that some suspension work... its all personal preferance and budget though

mojavedude
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I think it depends what you think of the quad. If you think its getting boring to ride go with performance mods but if you think its more than enough power and its some what scarry fast then upgrade the looks.

LTZ400rider
08-29-2006, 09:45 PM
handling mods

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I would go with perofmarnce mods. I always like the sleeper look.

indyZrider
08-30-2006, 07:50 AM
once you start tearing into the motor its never ending. tune the stock motor with a pipe, intake, jetting and you will like the results. if you put a rev box on you will need stiifer valve springs to help with the over rev and the cams will eat chains or adjusters . lots of maintenance. so if you dont wrench on your own bike keep it easy or youll pay out the ***** for dealer labor rates. dont let this scare you from anything. just now you know.

YFZ450Ridr
08-30-2006, 05:55 PM
get a filter, ditch the lid, and rejet. i did that to my dads stock 04 and wow gave it some balls. stocks Zs have very little bottom end. get a pipe to go along with it and youll have some nice power.

kawi_kfx13
09-01-2006, 02:28 PM
ya id do like a cdi and like K & N air filter...it doesnt cost much and it helps..and ya idk matters wat u like to do with it...its all in the rider...cuz ya if it looks boring to u spice it up a lil bit and make it look sweet...