PDA

View Full Version : is there still 2 versions ???

bigbadbubba
08-29-2006, 03:05 PM
i keep seeing the old c dale versions the moto, blaze and i think speed so thats like 3 , is there like 2 diffrent ones for the new atk's like a mx version and a xc version???? or is the atk just one type now????

CannondaleRider
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
There was more Cannondale Models.

FX400(Very first model, '01s)
Cannibal
Speed
Glamis
Blaze
Moto

ATK, as far as I know(may be different this year) has:

VR(Cannibal/Speed equivalant)
XC(Blaze equivalant)
MX(Moto equivalant)

Then, of course, both had/have dirtbikes also

bigbadbubba
08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
so cannondale models arn't produced anymore... and now theres atk's with 3 models a xc one a mx one and what is the other one used for????

bigbadbubba
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
well i went on www.atkusa.com and they have 2 models but there the same thing... ones a mx and ones av the mx just has better suspenion nerf bars and handle bars..... no diffrnce really

CannondaleRider
08-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Thats a big difference.

A standard travel, simple front end, to a long travel, triple rate front end, thats a big difference. Plus, the wide axle, the wave rotors, the 1-3/8" bars, nerf bars. Doesn't mention it, but i'm sure it comes with beadlocks.........

About the Cannondale models not being produced......it would be kind of hard for a bankrupt company to build quads....I would think..... :ermm:

And about the "other one", it's not really set up for a distinct purpose. It's the lower model, for the people that don't want to fork out the coin for the "race ready" versions.

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Cannondale went bankrupt and now ATK took over. There basicly the same quad except ATK makes them with reverse and some other little things. My dad still has a original Cannondale Speed with prally under 50 Hours on it. The speed is sweet. he has a HMF full pipe with the MOTO/BLAZE mapping

CannondaleRider
08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
There basicly the same quad except ATK makes them with reverse and some other little things.

Reverse huh?

I'd say your a bit confused, lol:p

firefighterjosh
08-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Reverse huh?

I'd say your a bit confused, lol:p

LMAO I am so retarted. I haven't read about Cdales for ever. My dad is the cdale geroe. Sorry for the false info I could have swore I seen it had reverse. Maybe that was the rumor.

Again Sorry for the false info.

cdalejef
08-30-2006, 05:42 AM
I think the reverse was a Dinli thing.

CannondaleRider
08-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey Jeff, you still racing at all? GNCC? BITD?

cdalejef
08-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Jeff, you still racing at all? GNCC? BITD? Ya, I raced Sparta on a quad and bike, and The Wisp on a quad.

bigbadbubba
08-30-2006, 05:41 PM
so the mx version is the mx one, the av or ar one is the normal one, so whats the xc one???

and the mx one
has :
wave rotar
pro tapers
ohilns w/ rezzy (insted of just normal ohilns)
and i think thats it
maybe some more

Pro400EXC
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM
dude...

weher have you been?

Are you new to the ATV world?

Don't mean to come off as a prick..but wow

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Some ppl don't even know Cdal exsisted. So don't be a prick:D :p :p

bigbadbubba
08-30-2006, 11:05 PM
ive known about c dales and atk... just never looked into them.... so yeah im new to these quads.... but i know alot about others

witech
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
That was a huge marketing problem with cannondales. If you looked at the spec sheet /brochure the cannibal,speed,glamis,and blaze all have the exact same specs. They never really clarified what the $5,000 worth of high end parts on a blaze were opposed to the elcheapo stuff you get on the cannibal.

bigbadbubba
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
so the mx is the same quad with just other parts, but the width hight and clearence are all the same, i just really has a wave rotar , some suspention and controls?/??????

jesshamner
08-31-2006, 12:57 PM
It looks like ATK only has 2 listed now. The MX is set up with wide LT Shocks, a arms, and an axle. Maybe more.

The VR is basically the base model. I'm not sure what equipment is put on there but its the typical width of stock ATVs. 46 inches??? As far as the frame, motor, efi, ...etc goes, they're the same.

The major difference is supension and handling.

jesshamner
08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
If you want to know the difference between the original cannondale models, do a search. I know I have posted all the differences twice and someone else has posted them before. If you can't find them here, try www.cannondaler.com and www.cannondaleriders.com .

bigbadbubba
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
no u answered my question.... but on the site the states dont change its all 49.5 inches....

jesshamner
08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Its wrong then. The VR is the same width as a 400ex.

bigbadbubba
09-01-2006, 10:19 AM
so the website is wrong right?..... so the mx is wider and the av or ar is a 400ex's w/h/c ???

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes...and its a VR.

firefighterjosh
09-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Has anyone rode a new ATK? How does it compare? My dad has a 02 Cannondale Speed with HMF and MOTO/BLAZE mapping and 1 tooth up on the front sprocket. that thing RIPS. I was so suprised.

Me and him are side by side when he races my banshee but topseed he has me by a whole gear. 5th gear though is like overdrive.

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
The ATK is usually the same as the Cannondale unless they actually put the 450 piston in it. Unless you bought one from Haydug cycles, I don't think many other ones had the 450 piston. It turns out that most ATKs are still 432ccs.

bigbadbubba
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
the new one says it has the 450 piston in it

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
They may actually have it now. I know there were some people that were upset that theirs didn't have the 450 piston. I think you can also read about that on the previously mentioned forums.

CannondaleRider
09-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
the new one says it has the 450 piston in it

:huh

Ok, heres the lowdown, the ATK website just completely sucks, in my opinion. Many of the specs are wrong, or they are claiming untrue things.

Just because the site says something, doesn't make it true.

witech
09-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
The ATK is usually the same as the Cannondale unless they actually put the 450 piston in it. Unless you bought one from Haydug cycles, I don't think many other ones had the 450 piston. It turns out that most ATKs are still 432ccs.

Thats the other way around Jess. All ATK's will have the 450 piston kit except for a few that were specifically ordered to 1 or 2 dealers without the 450 kit.
The brand new ATK 450vr we dynoed had just under 40hp. My moto which has my head porting dynoed at 49.5 on the same dyno . Its still a 432cc stock piston. I raced a couple of ATK's at crandon and easily outpowered them. The 450 kit has a steel sleeve which doesnt last anywhere near as long as the stock ones. Plus they have the tragic wrist pins in the early ones.

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Hmm...I thought most of the people that had ATKs on the forums checked and found the 432 piston. I might be wrong though. Maybe I need to go back and read it myself.

witech
09-01-2006, 02:01 PM
If ATK had been doing that there would have been a class action lawsuit . Thats a 500+dollars kit .

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I was under the impression that they weren't responsible because the Bill or Sale or Title or whatever said that it was a 450 but didn't actually state that it was 450 ccs.

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Well I had to go back and read to find out that they were 432 unless the dealer specified and paid for the 450 which is an extra $400.

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=9202&highlight=atk

witech
09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Thats a good one. I wonder how many customers ever knew that they had a choice. I couldnt find the thread that told how to check the sleeves and all the unhappy buyers. C27 came up with the easy check on the water outlet.

CannondaleRider
09-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Found it :D

Originally posted by Cannondale27
Well if you own a ATK a very simple way to check the size of your motor is to drain the coolant(need Evans anyway if no aluminum valve cover)then remove the coolant return elbow from the motor(same one coolant drain is in)two screws takes five minutes.Look in there or use a magnet.What you are looking at is the sleeve.All the ATK 450's used castiron sleeves if you dont have one then moree than likely you have a 432 stock cannondale piston.

NorCalRacer
09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I lucked out with mine. 450, and built in october of '05 so it was after they had the wristpin problem. Talk about dodging a bullet:devil: I've been torture testing my stock crank bearing as well to see exactly what they can hold up to... tougher than I thought so far. When it goes, that's when the real fun begins. I'm thinking stroker...

bigbadbubba
09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
ok now heres my next question........ i just wanted to make sure there wasn't to versions so if i got one it wouldn't be the wrong one........ ok here's my question if i got the mx atk , would it be better or worse then a ltr450????

Brown450R
09-01-2006, 11:17 PM
better or worse...............at what?

jesshamner
09-01-2006, 11:25 PM
The only person that can answer that question is you. You need to ride both. One will be better for YOU. I might say that the ATK is better because you can change your power curves at will with some software. With the Suzuki you can only change it by what is supplied by aftermarket companies. ie. Power Commander Or I might say that the ATK is better because it comes with better shocks. But then again, the LTR shocks are not bad when set up for you. And the price is a little easier on the wallet. So again, you need to decide what is best for you.

bigbadbubba
09-02-2006, 11:16 AM
i was asking for like little things like u said, with being able to adjust it with out haveing to have a powercommande and ect...

jesshamner
09-03-2006, 09:33 PM
With the Cannondale you can fully adjust the power curve but manipulating the ignition timing or fuel mass. You can also set your rev limit to whatever. If you spend the big bucks and get the map select and rider trim, you have full customization on the fly. The Map select lets you select between 3 different maps on the fly. You might load a holeshat map, a mid range map, and a topend map for MX. Once you take the holeshot, you can switch to the mid range. Then if you hit a long sweeping turn or straight, you can switch to the top end map.

Rider trim is pretty cool too. You can adjust a lean or rich condition on the fly.

None of this stuf is possible on the LTR yet. You get a preprogrammed box. I guess you could have it tuned for you but you still only get one setting at a price. With the Cannondale you can do it whenever you feel like it.

As for the ATK...we have people working on a system to offer full map customization. I believe it can be done but we would have to hammer out the maps and then have the software developers convert it to the ATK format. Not sure how easy that is. I gave them a ton of Cannondale maps to play with though. I think at this time they converted the stock maps only. I'll check on that.

Sandgod4
09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
:huh

Ok, heres the lowdown, the ATK website just completely sucks, in my opinion. Many of the specs are wrong, or they are claiming untrue things.

Just because the site says something, doesn't make it true.

ATK listed the specs for the motors w/ the Falicon crank. I brought this to Franks attention and finally after 3 months it was changed. I agree w/ Wisetech, their site sucks and is misleading.