PDA

View Full Version : Predator Big Enough???

2k2GT
08-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Well I am thinking of buying my first quad, I have ridden all different kinds for a long time but I want to buy one that suits me best. I am 6'6 and I weigh around 250 lbs, Im not a fatty or anything, Im just a big guy...My buddy from work is selling his 04 Troy Lee Predator for pretty cheap and I was thinking about getting it. Im not going to be jumpin 40 feet or anything like that. I just want a fast quad to ride through some trails and stuff. I rode his Preddy and I like it a lot. It seems a lot bigger than the raptor and 400ex. I was wondering if there is something else out there that is bigger like the predator that woul dbe good to get???

Thanks for any input...

08-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 2k2GT
Well I am thinking of buying my first quad, I have ridden all different kinds for a long time but I want to buy one that suits me best. I am 6'6 and I weigh around 250 lbs, Im not a fatty or anything, Im just a big guy...My buddy from work is selling his 04 Troy Lee Predator for pretty cheap and I was thinking about getting it. Im not going to be jumpin 40 feet or anything like that. I just want a fast quad to ride through some trails and stuff. I rode his Preddy and I like it a lot. It seems a lot bigger than the raptor and 400ex. I was wondering if there is something else out there that is bigger like the predator that woul dbe good to get???

Thanks for any input...

just wondering what "cheap" is to you...

2k2GT
08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
just wondering what "cheap" is to you...

Well, it's an 04 with low hours, no mods, original tires, for $3000. Seemed like a good deal to me??? I'm sure he will come off the price some though. He says he took good care if it.

Too much?

WhiteZrider
08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
No thats good i guess thats what i got my Z for and mine had LOTS of mods

2k2GT
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
No thats good i guess thats what i got my Z for and mine had LOTS of mods

I am still shopping around, but when he says he took care of it I can trust that he did. I am still looking though, it just seemed like a good deal, plus I read that they were a little bigger than most other quads and I am a lot bigger than most other riders so...

bradley300
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
i think the predator would suit you just fine. if you ride in wide open area, desert type terrain, you may also be interested in the ds650

xtullyx16
08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
maybe a raptor 700? ik u said u tryed a raptor.. but it coulda been the 660... and uhmm yeah not much out there that is sportish for ur size lol unless u got with a sporty utility like a grizzly

Toadz400
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Go with that Predator. Sounds like a good deal and they are a very good quad. Only thing bigger would be a DS650 or KFX700.

CannondaleRider
08-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I'd say go for a DS, very big "cockpit"(if you will), and TONS of torque, and TONS of top-end...along with reliability

I did ride one only in a desert race, which it does awsome in. Not sure about any other type of riding.

Dune Surfer
08-29-2006, 04:46 PM
For that price get the pred. I just sold my 03 for 3K so that sound like a good deal. There are better quads out now but not for 3K and your size. The Pred has good power and fits a big guy very good.