PDA

View Full Version : Ray Evernham

dober250R
08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
So what do all you guys think about the Ray Evernham and Erin Crocker situation?

jcv400ex
08-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd poke her too! I doubt Ray is though..........

dober250R
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm gonna guess that he is, because he won't talk about it. He keeps side-stepping the question everytime a reporter asks him. And I don't find her attractive. It's cool she drives a race car, but she's no Danica Patrick :devil:

Woodsrider
08-30-2006, 05:32 PM
According to a friend of mine who is employed by Ray Evernham, he is. But thats his business not ours. As long as it dont affect his judgment as far as the other teams go. The falling out between him and Mayfeild had little to do with Erin. Mayfeild was bent over the restructuring of the whole organization. He thought that the other teams were getting all the good parts, etc. and he got the scraps. That obviously isn't the case because Elliot Sadler seems to be doing just fine in the 19 car with the same crew that Mayfeild had. For the first time in a couple of years, all the teams are sharing info, and driving very similar setups, and performing as a team.

As far as Erin.... She aint all that, and she really cant drive that good either. Have you ever watch her her run that truck? Or worse yet the bush race she ran?:eek:

redlineranger
08-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
According to a friend of mine who is employed by Ray Evernham, he is. But thats his business not ours. As long as it dont affect his judgment as far as the other teams go. The falling out between him and Mayfeild had little to do with Erin. Mayfeild was bent over the restructuring of the whole organization. He thought that the other teams were getting all the good parts, etc. and he got the scraps. That obviously isn't the case because Elliot Sadler seems to be doing just fine in the 19 car with the same crew that Mayfeild had. For the first time in a couple of years, all the teams are sharing info, and driving very similar setups, and performing as a team.

As far as Erin.... She aint all that, and she really cant drive that good either. Have you ever watch her her run that truck? Or worse yet the bush race she ran?:eek:

i agree with most of what you have said besides "that obviously isnt the case seein Sadler seems to be doing fine".... the number 19 team was garbage and now all of a sudden they qualified in the top 5 the last 2 races and finished in the top 10. personally i think evernham was focused on kasey kahne seeing he's the only evernham driver with a shot at the chase(in a way its understandable, but then again a team owner cant just forget about his other driver). it would piss me off too if i was jeremy mayfield. i really dont think ray and jeremy liked each other too much as it was, because neither ever spoke of the other. it was always kahne talking about evernham, or evernham talkin about kahne. what put it over the top is the comments Mayfield made, that pretty much ended that story.

you also have to look at lack of communication between the team and the driver. maybe the team wasn't dialing in his car right during the races, or maybe mayfield wasnt relaying information the team needed to fix the cars. who knows, but its all over now so it doesnt matter anymore.

bulkdriverlp
08-30-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont thing erin is a good driver at all, kind of a waste of time. as for sadler and kahne, neither one of them have done anything spactacular in the last couple years. kahne was a big young superstar coulpe years ago but is now fizzled out due to the new young guns. sadler is a decent driver i think, hes just messed up right now with his thinking. i think its a good idea to switch teams.

cook65xc
08-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Lets see,kahne has won four races this year, yea he has fizzled out:huh .As for mayfield he got booted out of his last ride with penske for running his mouth,but i am sure mayfield is gonna win races with bill davis racing:devil: :devil:

96lapis coupe
08-30-2006, 11:29 PM
I was in the pits at Bristol last saturday and got Ray's autograph....Erin was 2 steps behind him the whole day. lol. She's always one of the first trucks to get lapped in the CTS and most likely the first caution if she's running a busch car.

Woodsrider
08-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by cook65xc
Lets see,kahne has won four races this year, yea he has fizzled out:huh .As for mayfield he got booted out of his last ride with penske for running his mouth,but i am sure mayfield is gonna win races with bill davis racing:devil: :devil:

My thoughts exactly. I hate to toot Kaseys horn too much Because he is a freind of the family. But I don't think "fizzled" is a word I would use to describe his career at this point.

I was in the pits at Bristol last saturday and got Ray's autograph....Erin was 2 steps behind him the whole day. lol. She's always one of the first trucks to get lapped in the CTS and most likely the first caution if she's running a busch car.

LOL yah, shes hard on the check book ain't she! Typical woman driver too, always going too slow and wreckin chit!:devil:

dober250R
08-31-2006, 07:40 AM
I personally think you sound like a fool when you keep denying something when it's completely obvious on what's going on. Just nut up and own up to it. And it's funny when he was asked about Jeremy Mayfield in an interview, he just said the court documents said all he needs to say...... Nascar.com did an interview with Ray recently

Camaroguy87132
08-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i agree with most of what you have said besides "that obviously isnt the case seein Sadler seems to be doing fine".... the number 19 team was garbage and now all of a sudden they qualified in the top 5 the last 2 races and finished in the top 10. personally i think evernham was focused on kasey kahne seeing he's the only evernham driver with a shot at the chase(in a way its understandable, but then again a team owner cant just forget about his other driver). it would piss me off too if i was jeremy mayfield. i really dont think ray and jeremy liked each other too much as it was, because neither ever spoke of the other. it was always kahne talking about evernham, or evernham talkin about kahne. what put it over the top is the comments Mayfield made, that pretty much ended that story.

you also have to look at lack of communication between the team and the driver. maybe the team wasn't dialing in his car right during the races, or maybe mayfield wasnt relaying information the team needed to fix the cars. who knows, but its all over now so it doesnt matter anymore. I'm gonna agree with most of that except for "i think evernham was focused on kasey kahne seeing he's the only evernham driver with a shot at the chase" And no im not talkin about Scott Riggs. I think Jeremy was equal to Kasey in how good they were. Sure kasey was winning 2-4 races a year, BUT he never made the chase. Jeremy was ALWAYS consisted last 2 years and he made the chase. He might not have done well but he made it both times. It does seem a bit weird that all of a sudden he's struggling to be in the top 36?!?!

As for Erin Crocker, i think she is a horrible driver, she might know how to drive but she just sucks out there on the track. I think Danica Patrick is much hotter and much better than erin is.