PDA

View Full Version : Billet inline cooler for 450R do they work?

jrodulery
08-29-2006, 06:39 AM
They sell these on Ebay for like $25.00 they go in the supply and return on the cooling system and was wondering if anyone has them and do they work?

Thank you

duke416ex
08-29-2006, 06:55 AM
I have asked this several times and never gotten an answer. It would be nice to hear from someone who has tried any inline cooler.

SwainRacing
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
I had them on my Predator and I never measured the temp with or with out them, but they have to help some. I know my fan did not run as much, still came on every now and then.

SwainRacing
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM

Prey
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
i have them on my pred too swain,

thing that concerns me and why i have not put them on my 450Rs is that the head pipe is very close to the feed line .......... i am not sure if putting one there could cause the coolant to heated, if it would actually still cool it or if the effect would be nuetral????

i think putting one on the return line would be a benefit though

audioguru76
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
it's looks to me that it certainly couldn't hurt. You would be increasing the surface area with which to radiate heat from the coolant, even if just by a little. Hell, it looks cool too, so why not.

just my .02

Ex_Rider43
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
They are a good improvement , I made a couple of them while I was in school and I will have a couple in production pretty soon and they will probably be available in anodized colors too.

I only run 1 of them on my 450r , the one near the water pump cover and the pipe.

DirtDevilBT
08-31-2006, 10:14 PM
They don't help to be blunt. The only way heat can be pulled away is if air is moving past it. With the hoses the way they are, there would be no air moving past the cooling fins. Very very little if any.

If I were to put anything on the hose, it would be a temperature gauge. What good is a cooler if you still can't catch anything until it happens. At least a gauge from a place like ESR will tell you what's happening.

As far as I'm concered, it's just another gimck. I'd rather spend the 70 bucks to get a temp gauge. Sorry