PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating frame

joel400ex
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
yea i was wondering who powdercoats frames and how much it would cost to get done i was thinking about getting my frame pc'd orange? cuz my plastics are orange in the front and black in the back. any other color suggestions?

ride_red666
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
where in alberta do u live. i got mine done at black cat coaters, it is in st albert wich is by edmonton in case u dont kno. i paid about 160 including the prep and actual pcing. my plastics are red and my frame is black. i plan on getting black rear fenders.

CRich[814]
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=62

that is pappy from the site. he does alot of exriders frames and stuff. i would go with black or orange pc for your frame. i have a pic of an orange plasticed ex with an orange frame if you'd like to see it ill put it up later.

joel400ex
08-31-2006, 09:20 PM
yea ridered666 do you have the # of that place where u got your frame done and i could check that out cuz i live in hinton and its like 3 hours away for st albert.

JJ69
09-03-2006, 09:00 AM
was it 160 to just take the frame in? or did they uninstall everything and pc and put it back together?

I wanna get mine done, and i could have it all stripped down in a day.. but i would never get it back together.. my memory is crap..
i suppose i could take off the fenders and accessories, leave the wiring and the motor and just wrap them in newspaper and paint it with the motor still in it..

ride_red666
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JJ69
was it 160 to just take the frame in? or did they uninstall everything and pc and put it back together?

I wanna get mine done, and i could have it all stripped down in a day.. but i would never get it back together.. my memory is crap..
i suppose i could take off the fenders and accessories, leave the wiring and the motor and just wrap them in newspaper and paint it with the motor still in it..

he doesnt have a sanblast booth big enough to get it blasted so i had to do it elsewhere. it cost $85 for the blasting and $75 for the pc. i stripped it down myself and its easy, just take pictures of the more important parts.

ride_red666
09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Black Cat's number is 780-458-8822